IGNORED

16 bit files almost unlistenable now...

19 minutes ago, semente said:

Rando, I'm sorry to say this but your post lacks clarity. It could be the noise modulation, who knows, but I can't really understand what you are trying to say...

But I'm not an English language native so the problem might be in the conversion.

5 minutes ago, rando said:

I was plumbing the deep vein of female interest in audiophilia for starters.  Much of the music discussed in here is prime repertoire for the age group and sex I mentioned.  That was probably here nor there for the discussion.  

Beyond that was mainly noting the changes that happen as one learns to listen.  Perhaps @numlog would do well to get off the technological pinwheel long enough to reestablish something on this order.  Reaffirm the basis on which they judge recorded sound.  The very human subject of striving for perfection while benefiting from a certain amount of imperfection has been well covered.  No matter what the source material it will never perfectly represent the original article.  If he has reached the end of one road in his journey it might be time to explore down another or starting beating trail. 

That clears it up then, bet you're glad you asked ??

Sound Minds Mind Sound