IGNORED

After iTunes purchase...sometimes more copies are available for download.

What does it mean if I choose to hide an undownloaded track in iTunes?

After purchasing and downloading music from iTunes it is common that "duplicate" tracks will appear shortly thereafter with the download icon indicating it, too, can be downloaded. It's more than half the tracks, usually.  If the second track pops up immediately the easy workaround is to download the 2nd version and delete the 1st.  When it happens weeks later I'd rather not delete the older version because the Last Played field is used in my playlists.  The only option appears to be to "hide" the file iTunes believes has not been downloaded.  Does that hide the track from me forever on any device? 

iCloud Music is not turned on.  While I subscribe to Apple Music that service has only ever been active on phones and iPads. It has >never< been active on iTunes. 

This duplicate feature happens with purchased Movies, as well.  Sometimes it happens so long after a purchase I wonder if there's some little thing that is new about it.  New bonus material?  New artwork?  

It be nice if I could turn off this feature, but I have very low expectations about that.  Are there any better ways I can learn to live with it?

Thanks.

-Alan

Dups NO iCloud Music.jpeg