IGNORED

Article: Some Excellent CA Finds For You

1 hour ago, agladstone said:

Chris:

do you think either of these products could work as a way to use a Dragonfly Red with an iPhone 8+ in a car? 

I just got a new car last week, and in the new 2018 model, there no longer is a 2.5mm audio in jack (my 2015 model had one). Thus, I am now limited to a single USB in for audio in my new car. 

In my last car, I was able to use the Apple camera kit with the Audioquest Red and then use a 2.5mm cable from Audioquest into the 2.5mm audio in jack. (Streaming Tidal via my iPhone via the Tidal iOS app). 

If anyone else has any thoughts how I can now (with a USB in only) use the Audioquest Red with my iPhone in my car, please feel free to chime in!! 

Hmmm. I think you’re out of luck. With digital input only (via USB) there isn’t anything you can do. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 hours ago, diw said:

Thanks to Darko Audio, I found out that the Chromecast Audio now works as a Roon endpoint with a reasonable sound quality for the $35 it costs. Another post on Darko outlines how the SQ can be improved with a high res setting for the Chromecast, an IFi 5v power supply and a connection cable that has an internet cable connection as well. The outcome is pretty good so for $100 you get a good Roon endpoint with some flexibility as well for future applications. Thanks Darko !!!

darko.audio

The adaptor comes from UGreen, Ethernet adaptor for Chromecast with power supply, available on Amazon for about $18

Perhaps you miss our article about $7.99 Roon Ready endpoints a while back. No sample rate limitations like the Chromecast. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png