IGNORED

Article: Some Excellent CA Finds For You

Thanks to Darko Audio, I found out that the Chromecast Audio now works as a Roon endpoint with a reasonable sound quality for the $35 it costs. Another post on Darko outlines how the SQ can be improved with a high res setting for the Chromecast, an IFi 5v power supply and a connection cable that has an internet cable connection as well. The outcome is pretty good so for $100 you get a good Roon endpoint with some flexibility as well for future applications. Thanks Darko !!!

darko.audio

The adaptor comes from UGreen, Ethernet adaptor for Chromecast with power supply, available on Amazon for about $18

Roon NUC I3 w 2500 albums, microRendu to Liberty DAC, Pass DIY Amp class amp, Klipsch RP600 or to Schiit Freya + Gumby MB, Sanders ESL amps and speakers, Mjolnir KGST and Stax L700

On 7/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps you miss our article about $7.99 Roon Ready endpoints a while back. No sample rate limitations like the Chromecast. 

NO, I remember that article but it also said that the Nano was a geek challenge....accordingly to the Darko post the Chromecast now passes 24/96 so maybe there is a new version....it also gives you some options...at its simplest it passes an analog output from wifi, at its best rate it passes 24/96 via Toslink from an ethernet connection....and sometimes life is too short to geek about saving $20 in favour of plug'n'play. Still , lots of choices!!

On 7/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps you miss our article about $7.99 Roon Ready endpoints a while back. No sample rate limitations like the Chromecast. 

Roon NUC I3 w 2500 albums, microRendu to Liberty DAC, Pass DIY Amp class amp, Klipsch RP600 or to Schiit Freya + Gumby MB, Sanders ESL amps and speakers, Mjolnir KGST and Stax L700