IGNORED

Lies about vinyl vs digital

16 minutes ago, adamdea said:

As ever your contribution might as well have been scripted as demonstration that being an audiophile is less a hobby than a way of life based on the rigorous pursuit of nonsense, superstition and self regarding vanity.

hey, we are all audiophiles, if you are interested in the playback quality of music.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

9 minutes ago, MetalNuts said:

Back in the 80's, my vinyl system was so sucked and with the debut of CDs and CDP,  with the same price, I had a better SQ.  Since then, I never looked back at the LP expecting it to improve whereas the digital gears and music are improving day by day. 

Yes digital is better than LP.

You have the LP of Avatars?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

42 minutes ago, Rocky Bennett said:

I am an audiophile that has over 50 years of experience setting up and listening to various systems, both analog and digital and I find your statements to run contrary to hands on experience, and also to simple logic. Digital beats the pants off of analog for dynamic range and sound staging every time. Even on a modest system you can hear the benefits of digital over analog, but the better the system the more obvious the difference becomes.

I agree. Digital has surpassed vinyl IMO for a great many years. The initial introduction was far from "perfect sound" but IME by the late 90's they were getting quite close. Dynamics were better in digital but it somehow messed with the mid-range in the early days.

Where did you find your silly information, on the internet?

No, he makes it up himself ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

• 5 months later...