IGNORED

Article: EMM Labs DA2 Reference DAC and PRE Stereo Preamplifier Review

20 minutes ago, firedog said:

Doesn’t the new iFi DSD pro DAC also upsample to 1024 DSD?

Good question @firedog. Here is what iFi says, but the language is a bit unusual:

"For the first time, Pro iDSD brings Studio Grade DSD1024 remastering to the mass. Now one can remaster all his/her music to a superlative DSD1024 format just like in a recording studio and enjoy the ultra-high resolution it provides.

For the DSD1024, if the MultiBit DAC is one half of the ‘heart’ of the Pro iDSD’s digital engine, then the other half is surely the Crysopeia FPGA. This is where we believe FPGA excels, by handling the remastering duties to attain the DSD1024 audio format. In fact the Pro iDSD can handle all audio formats to to DSD1024 or DSD512 or PCM 768kHz with user-selectable digital filters."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 hours ago, audiophile65 said:

Hi Chris,

I take it that your Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" 24/96 is the Blu-ray Disc from the Immersion Box Set?

If so, I missed out on this set a few years ago. Can you please recommend another good version of WYWH in 2.0 stereo?

Thanks...

Let me check my copies and I’ll let you know. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png