IGNORED

newbee AO installation uncertainty

kyrill

HI

I send this message to Claudia from higend-pc,com but realized later it should be here in this forum.

Windows server 2016 is installed with Gui
and I followed all precautions before activating AO

But server 2016 device manager feels awkward with the unknown Intel NUC
So its device manager is ehh "embarrassed"
the  one and only integrated Ethernet port of the NUC is not seen in device manager, it does not show up in for instance adapter settings.
The .exe program  of Intel (Purpose:  "Installs the LAN driver on Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i[x]BN with the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V. belonging to the type NUC I have) does not make the Ethernet  port work, but shows up in netwerk adapters in device manager  as a driver??) The  I219-V. port does not show up as hardware. See attachment.
There is an M.2 slot in the NUC which  server 2016 does not recognize. In the M.2 slot is an adapter placed for a pcie 4x slot, which is used for the JCAT Net card with 2  ethernet ports. They are shown in Device manager (Inter(R)  I350) and work flawlessly. More   hardware than the M.2 pcie 4x adapter and the JCat ethernet card s not installed. I dont miss the motherboard ethernet port
The I7 range mobile CPUs work but device manager cannot find a driver for it...
There are no yellow question marks but a "lot"of "other devices which all do not have a driver according to server 2016.
Ofc i tried the automatic update feature but it cannot identify or find the drivers that seems missing
Can i still install AO without problems concerning the hardware-ID?

device manager.jpg

Hi

I would simply disable all the yellow/unknown items (if you don't need them anyway), this is the safe way to go.

Rule of thumb: either have the driver properly installed or disable the device entirely.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

OK  I did But the server and its library disappeared so HQ player or Bubble or three others on the android phone could not detect it anymore. Then I found out that this NUC I bought is not designed for windows 10 ( those yellow drivers are the intel chipset drivers and the NIC. In the mean time ( other post in page 104 i think) I met same problems for w 10 pro with no warnings in device manager.

So I leave behind --until I have  a server compatible NUC-- WS2016

thx for the reply :)