IGNORED

Article: NAD VISO HP50 with Roomfeel Headphone Review

Excellent work Mitchco.  You always hit the mark. 

Maybe look at the Sound Devices MixPre3 for a mic preamp.  

Also on some measurements done like this with the in ear microphones, maybe it would be good to do the same on a couple other people.  Show what the response is like in different ear shapes.  (probably want a test panel where each member has their own pair of mics).  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

13 hours ago, mitchco said:

Good to hear from you Dennis and thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking Art Pro MPA II as the Hilo has a transparent ADC. Rane also had an excellent preamp I used in the studio, but no longer available. Then there is the question of mics and about ear shapes. This is interesting: poster.jpg

Cheers, Mitch

Thanks for the insert on ear shapes.  I'll look it over. 

The Rane pre's are usually good.  Various Rane preamps show up pretty often on Reverb.  Maybe you could get one there. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.