IGNORED

Article: dCS Network Bridge Review

Absolutely agree with all you say in your review, including the results of listening to MQA sources (whether first unfold in done in Roon or with the dCS NB via the firmware update, for those who have had the unit for some time) into the Berkeley Ref. 2 w. MQA. 

I've yet to try the NB with the Yggdrasil in my other system.  You've certainly piqued my interest on that score, seeing just how it stacks up to a Audio Alchemy DMP-1 that I'm currently using.

And, as you clearly point out, this is a really cool Swiss Army knife in the digital audio toolkit -- as well as a sonic wonder.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

5 hours ago, Vinh said:

Very good review. This is a very expensive toy.  Could someone recommend AES output gear for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price ---for an Yggy owner ?

Been using an Audio Alchemy DMP-1 with the Yggdrasil for quite some time.  Works nicely.  Not sure where you might find one these days.  Got mine for just under $1k when Audio Adviser was offering them.  Might want to contact ELAC as they now own the line of Audio Alchemy products.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates