IGNORED

Article: dCS Network Bridge Review

Great write up. Thanks. Did you find using Roon as a souce makes sound inferior to using other sources? It seems to be the case for some reviewers. In case of Auriga Aries G2, I was told (by its CEO) that “If you use Roon exclusively then I think you can consider to use other hardware manufacturer's solution because you wont benefit from our unique software features.” BTW, I am keen to reading your upcoming review on the G2. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

HI @maxijazz, Again, please note that the quote was a mention confined to the Auriga Aries G2 only. The quote was an answer from Mr.Xuanqian himself to my question below:

"I built up a PC-FI system consists of at least 50 different components, which summed up to be costing more than your new Aries box. If your box beats my culmination, I'd love to ditch those little elves by all means and live happily ever after. My system consists of Yggy dac and Roon server. Would I be happy with your box? And I cannot afford the LEO or VEGA at the moment."

When Mr. Xuanqian said "...you wont benefit from our unique software features.", I thought those features were more to do with sound enhancing ones than just convenience sake. i could be wrong but highly doubt that it's the case given the context.

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

Stereophile reviewed dcs NB a while ago and there was a mention that SQ from roon is less than from its own player.  Other members on CA do feel substantial improvement from employing dcs NB box (or Aries G2 box). I, too, am curious if dcs NB would produce higher jump than, say, hqplayer/AO/jplay/fidelizer/iso-regen/....... I guess I will ask for a demo unit and find out myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AMP said:

The vast majority of the "reclockers" on the market (network or otherwise) are simple store-and-forward buffers. Nothing magic about them and, frankly, they're likely to do more harm than good.

+10

There are at least 4 or 5 store-and-forward layers in sequence from the nic hardware until a packet reaches the user application. For one there is a common network algorothm employed by every OS called interrupt moderation. 

One should be more worried about newly introduced harming components like AC noise, network cable noise, EMI/EMF, etc. from those non-synchronous components in your system.