IGNORED

New M2 Tech 'EVO'

I'm going to test it as soon as possible. I already love my standard HiFace, this one must be a killer.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Size: 105x46x104mm (w x h x d, case)

105x50x142mm (w x h x d, total)

120x60x165mm (w x h x d, box) (to be confirmed)

Weight: tbd

Sampling frequencies (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192

Resolution (bits): 16 to 32

Inputs: USB 2.0, supply, master clock

Outputs: S/PDIF x2 (RCA & BNC), AES/EBU (XLR), optical Toslink, optical ST, I2S (RJ-45).

Supply voltage: 7-11VDC

Supply current: 60mA (I2S not driven) (to be confirmed)

Master clock input voltage: 3.3V

I2S output voltage: LVCMOS (3.3V) with 25mA current capability on each line

Notes: hiFace Evo is compliant with S/PDIF and AES/EBU specifications for channel status bits. Sampling frequency and other information are encoded. hiFace automatically recognize the presence of a clock on the master clock input and switches to that signal whenever available. AES/EBU channel status settings can be chosen between consumer and professional by a jumper on the PCB. ST output is compliant with Avago application note AV02-0723EN[1].pdf for links up to 1.6km.

Pricing: Around $365

Dave Clark[br]Editor, Positive Feedback Online

Hey Dave, I had the pleasure of meeting David Robinson some years ago. He was the Editor of Positive feedback and a major player in the Oregon Trioded society.

Is he still around?

Liz

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

I love my Hi-Face! Is the evo a newer version and a big upgrade for those of use the Hi-Face with out 'puters to our Dacs?

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

David Robinson (along with his wife, Lila) and I (along with my wife, Carol) own and 'run' PFO as an LLC. which is a 'side' to what we do full-time. So yes he is still around though frequently preoccupied with other more pressing matters.

I have not heard the new MT device either... just passing on information.

Dave Clark[br]Editor, Positive Feedback Online

• 4 weeks later...

"Master clock input voltage: 3.3V"

What exactly does this mean? That the EVO can be slaved to an external clock? If so, what kind of external clock? Examples of devices?

Thanks

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)