IGNORED

Halide Design Bridge

Mr.Sneis wrote: My first post here, has anyone had the chance to compare the halide bridge to other converters?

I'm mainly interested in how it stacks up to audiophileo, hiface evo, or modified hiface.

I have not compared the Halide Bridge to other USB -> S/PDIF convertors, but I am currently comparing it to Lynx and M-Audio soundcard digital outputs, as well as a Prism Orpheus used as an asynchronous Firewire to S/PDIF converter. I like the Bridge better than both the M-Audio and Lynx cards (although the Lynx sounds very good when you can slave it to the DAC if the DAC has clock output). Subjectively the Bridge presents an open and detailed sound that has less haze than the M-Audio card and less glare than the Lynx card. Objectively the Bridge seems to pass more resolution which shows up in more tonal detail and better soundstage cues.

Not that anyone would ever use a Prism Orpheus for such duties, but comparing the Halide to the Orpheus, they both are highly resolving, they both sound very good, but they do sound slightly different. At this point I have developed no definitive preference (sound-wise) for one over the other.

Overall my thoughts regarding the Halide Bridge is that it is simple to use, convenient (no fuss about alternative power supplies) and it sounds very good.

Alan

waow ! Lynx and RME cards are pretty good references, as I thought to buy one of it just to get a "cleaned" spdif connection. I thought about the fireface, for example.

If you suggest that a Prism Orpheus even don't make the work better (as an interface, I mean) it seems that the Bridge is a good solution, and really elegant because it needs no extra cable at all.