IGNORED

Ripping question dbpoweramp and J. River

Basic question-can not find the answer. I am ripping CD's with dbpoweramp and using J. River Media Center for playback. When I rip an album with several artists, e.g. a soundtrack album, each song has separate album art in J. River. I am trying to group them into one album. I thought checking "compilation" in dbpoweramp would be the solution but no go. Still a beginner, thanks for your help.

Bill

Bill[br]

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I rip with dbpoweramp also but use iTunes after the rip. When I get fragmented albums I highlight all the tracks of the album in iTunes and then go to get info. I put an x in front of those items common to all tracks like artist and album name and most importantly an x in the group box (usually left blank) and that merges.

I have a follow up question for you guy who use dbpoweramp and j River. When I installed J River for a trial, dbpoweramp would no longer rip CDs. I removed J River and dbpoweramp began to function again. Have any of you run into this problem?

Ken Eis

Ken,

> When I installed J River for a trial, dbpoweramp would no

> longer rip CDs. I removed J River and dbpoweramp began to

> function again.

Sounds as if JRMC is taking control of the drive. two things to check:

- is the "enable auto rip" option checked in the Tools/Options/CD& DVD dialog? (Look under "Auto rip CD database options".) If it is checked, JRMC would starting the ripping process as soon as a CD is inserted and the drive tray closed.

- Did you install JRMC first and then dBpoweramp? or the reverse? The last program installed might be taking over handling the event when a CD is inserted.

Bill