IGNORED

Ifi crushed by cheap Chinese gear

There’s two topics that often get conflated — state-planned economy and class warfare. In the Marxist sense, class warfare is the battle between the workers and the owners, with communism being the end result of the workers winning over the owners, resulting in the destruction of the owning class. State-planned economies are a liberal system in which the government exerts control over the economy which may or may not include an owning class strata of society.

All countries exert some control over the economies, but not all countries are communist. Marx predicted that capitalism (control of the economy by the owning class) would inevitably lead to its own destruction. This prediction hasn’t come to pass. Liberal state economies, or capitalism with state checks and balances, seems to have taken over the world. Class warfare has been minimized through progressive welfare states. Money can seemingly be printed forever with manageable consequences. By the time we’re past peak oil we may be starting into an era of self-replicating robot control of the economy after which maybe humanity will focus on recreation and concerns over who owns what will disappear into history.

1 hour ago, Nordkapp said:

Still coming to terms with it, eh? 

What happens when Trump gets re elected?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

So doesn't that make this whole thread pointless?  "'Cheap Chinese gear' crushed by cheap Chinese gear"  ?

Edited to add:  Nevermind, I just remembered who started the thread...

No, it was not for nothing. I managed get my first warning points! Yay! 

^ No clue if that is directed at me, but my post had nothing to do with bashing China, or Chinese-made products.  I merely pointed out the nonsensical nature of the thread, assuming the iFi junk (assuming also that it IS junk lol, and not just fugly and cheap-looking) is made in China.

Products manufactured in China are like any products anywhere, if the design is actually good, and the budget for manufacturing is appropriate for materials, quality control, etc., then the products will be fine.  My KEF speakers were all made in China, save the Q15s I gave away years ago, which were made in the UK.  Of course, KEF's parent company owns the manufacturing facilities and directly employs the workers there, so they have a level of control that many other companies do not.

In general, the products that are the result of sending over a prototype to a contract factory and seeking the lowest bid to make it are garbage, but that's hardly the fault of the Chinese factory or the workers there.  The blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the cheap company that farms out their manufacturing to the lowest bidder, whether that's in China, Indonesia, or wherever the next "cheap labor" manufacturing center ends up being.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

4 hours ago, Teresa said:

None of those countries are communist as their workers do not own the means of production. Those countries have replaced private capitalists with state capitalist dictatorships and are in no way communist except in the rhetoric and platitudes directed at their citizens. 

Do a google search and read the current government of each country, it notes communist , ex Laos communist rule 1953-present

Cuba, a communist political system since 1959

The Truth Is Out There

1 hour ago, mav52 said:
5 hours ago, Teresa said:

None of those countries are communist as their workers do not own the means of production. Those countries have replaced private capitalists with state capitalist dictatorships and are in no way communist except in the rhetoric and platitudes directed at their citizens. 

Do a google search and read the current government of each country, it notes communist , ex Laos communist rule 1953-present

Cuba, a communist political system since 1959

I think Teresa is challenging those Google articles as to the true meaning of communism.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

31 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

I think Teresa is challenging those Google articles as to the true meaning of communism.

Teresa should know better, I guess. As someone who never lived under communism. Ideas looks better from some distance. Again, I take a liberty to repeat, the life in a communist country may be very nice if you pay no attention and do not care much. As I did.

9 hours ago, Teresa said:

That is state capitalism not communism. As noted above communism is democracy in the workplace, worker owned and worker controlled.

9 hours ago, Teresa said:

Again, you guys are talking about a textbook model of "communism"  which  doesn't exist and never has on the state level. In the world there is Communism with a capital C, which is something different but definitely exists in several countries. Saying those countries aren't "communist" is correct; saying they aren't "Communist" isn't. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Teresa should know better, I guess. As someone who never lived under communism. Ideas looks better from some distance. Again, I take a liberty to repeat, the life in a communist country may be very nice if you pay no attention and do not care much. As I did.

Depends on which (nominally) communist country. The USSR probably wasn't so bad, all things considered. At the other extreme, North Korea seems quite miserable indeed.

24 minutes ago, mansr said:

Depends on which (nominally) communist country. The USSR probably wasn't so bad, all things considered. At the other extreme, North Korea seems quite miserable indeed.

It doesn't make sense to evaluate from outside. How people feel is the only measure. One may say they are brainwashed. Well, who aren't? Clean and empty brain wouldn't hurt anyway.

7 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

It doesn't make sense to evaluate from outside. How people feel is the only measure. One may say they are brainwashed. Well, who aren't? Clean and empty brain wouldn't hurt anyway.

Look at the happy, starving people.

7 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Yes, a life in a cage or a prison or on a slave plantation may be  ok if “you pay no  attention or care too much” or know any better. What does that prove? That being a slave is a nice place to be or that we humans are adaptable? 

44 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Yes, a life in a cage or a prison or on a slave plantation may be  ok if “you pay no  attention or care too much” or know any better. What does that prove? That being a slave is a nice place to be or that we humans are adaptable? 

Funny thing the life of wealth and so-called freedom would be a cage too. The conditions of existence never important to those who "are".