IGNORED

High powered integrated amp recommendations

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Yes, Gryphon Diablo 300 would be my choice too for an integrated amp, if affordable.

Mephisto/Pandora is ...well, not integrated but diabolically divine.

Your Avatar sucks.

Thank you for agreeing my suggestion of Gryphon.  

I believe if it is not my avatar, you would not be drawn to my reply, ?

MetalNuts

8 hours ago, GUTB said:

I came within an inch of picking up an Accuphase, but thier lack of power and lack of current made me think better of it. If you have 4 Ohm speakers you need an amp with muscle to double into 4 Ohms. Consider the higher end McIntosh integrated which can put 200w into and load using thier autoformer tech.

I would prefer Accuphase to McIntosh.  I had used 2 models of Accuphase and I did not find it lack of power.  However, no matter how powerful  McIntosh may be, it is not just mycup of tea though its look is appealing.

MetalNuts

15 hours ago, Kimo said:

Jeff Rowland Continuum S2

I had used this before and it sounds thin but it is one of the best Class D amplifier you can get.  Another thing I don't like is the polishing which will easily be stained and the manual said that it is not advisable to clean even with a light damp cloth.  So it leaves me hanging of how should I clean it (I have the habit of cleaning my equipment every week).

MetalNuts

8 hours ago, mav52 said:

Tell me where, " Gryphon Audio Designs Diablo 300 DAC-Integrated Amplifier
Price: €17,600 (€12,800 without DAC module; add €1800 for MM/MC phono module). "

I am living in Hong Kong.  The listed price from the agent  here is around USD10,000 and I got it from an acquainted shop at about USD8,400.

N.B. The former quote of USD8,000 is based on the exchange rate of USD1 = HK$8 whereas the later quote of USD8,400 is based on the actual exchange rate of USD1 = HK$7.8

MetalNuts