edorr

Pink Faun 2.16

Rate this topic

Where do I tell HQPe about the URL?  The benefit of routing through Roon is the control.  I can easily change from local files, Tidal and to Spotify 'internet radio' all within Roon.  

If I feed direct to HQPe, I expect I will have to contend with 'Roon lost control...'

For others that may want to set this up, here's the path:

Windows (or other supported machine on network running) Spotify client > Stream What You Hear (SWYH) > http stream fed to Roon Internet Radio station > Roon feeds HQPe > DAC.

Spotify Connect from any other client can control selection and play, I just have to select the Roon Internet Radio station.

I've tried the uPNP route but haven't found a combination of server/renderer/control point that all want to work together.  Plus it would be another interface outside of Roon or HQPe that I would have to interact with...making it more cumbersome than my current setup via Roon Internet Radio.

Now onto setting up Soundiiz to automatically move my 'discoveries' in Spotify to Tidal playlists.

I also need a scheduled task to ensure Spotify is stopped/paused and not consuming bandwidth endlessly.  Minor as it's just 320k but still a waste to forgot and leave it streaming.

Thank you Jussi for your assistance and patience!

PS Audio P10 > Pink Faun 2.16 I2S > PS Audio DS DAC > BHK preamp > PS Audio M700 monos > Ascend  Acoustics Sierra 2 with dual Rythmik L12 sealed servo subs.

Pink Faun is AMD Ryzen 1700X on Pro Gaming MB

The Pink Faun 2.16x will be Munich Hi End Audio Show 2019. Partnering with Aries Cerat equipment. 

I've always wanted to hear the Kassandra II DAC with the PF. If any one goes to the show please comment!

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2019/04/aries-cerat-at-munich-high-end-audio.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+monoandstereo/HOym+(MONO+AND+STEREO+Ultra+High-End+Audio+Magazine)&m=1

10 hours ago, Miska said:

I this running HQPlayer or something else? Anyway, I'll come and listen! :)

The server runs ROON core, the renderer can do ROON bridge or HQPe. We have to decide when the full system is setup in the demo room. See you there!

What DAC are you using?  It seems the DAC would need to use the clock from USB output board for the phase noise to matter at all.  The DAC I own does not use any clocking from anywhere but it's own right before the conversion to analog.

PS Audio P10 > Pink Faun 2.16 I2S > PS Audio DS DAC > BHK preamp > PS Audio M700 monos > Ascend  Acoustics Sierra 2 with dual Rythmik L12 sealed servo subs.

Pink Faun is AMD Ryzen 1700X on Pro Gaming MB

I’m using the Vinnie Rossi DAC2. It has a femto level clock on board but not OCXO. I have no idea why clocking upstream from the dac matters at all. This has been discussed at length by some with the conclusion that there must be something at play not understood yet. Still re-clocking works and the benefits are easily heard.

10 hours ago, flkin said:

Initially it felt quieter and then we realised it was from the speed of dynamic sounds being controlled faster. Music felt more alive and exciting and with the increased speed, new details and emotions revealed themselves.

This has been my experience using a 19v Farad power supply with my AL NUC endpoint.

Had a great chat with Jord from Pink Faun on Thursday, about server design, clocks, and power supplies. Their show system was pretty extreme (in a good way), with the wacky looking (but excellent sounding) Aries Cerat chain!

IMG_1262.JPG