IGNORED

Any reason not to use this PC?

I am ready to begin building a server and have a deal brewing (cheap) on a Shuttle PC that has an Intel E5400 processor. I already have a Lynx AES16 card so I am wondering if there is any reason not to purchase this PC? It has one PCI slot and VGA for the monitor. I'd like to use a remote as well which I guess means getting an iPod touch or similar. I have no experience putting together computers but have changed out faulty drives before and installed tha odd card. This comes with 4g of DDR2 memory (Kingston)as well. I have a copy of Windows 7 Pro 64 that I'd like to use if it will work. If not then I'll use it to upgrade my desktop and get a different version. I'll also get the Jriver MC to play the music from an outboard HD or NAS (I already have a Dlink NAS hanging around here somewhere). I'm sure I'll be asking many more questions as I go!

tomE

tomE[br]Bryston BDP-1, Bryston BDA-1, Oppo BDP-95, Rogue Audio Sphinx, Montor Audio Silver RX8s. [br]Analog: LP12, Alphason HR100S, Benz Micro LO04 and Rogue audio Triton phono pre

Good suggestion. It looked like it would but I'll be sure to try it before I buy it.

tomE[br]Bryston BDP-1, Bryston BDA-1, Oppo BDP-95, Rogue Audio Sphinx, Montor Audio Silver RX8s. [br]Analog: LP12, Alphason HR100S, Benz Micro LO04 and Rogue audio Triton phono pre