IGNORED

Is anyone using IsoAcoustics Iso Pucks?

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Well, the speakers are sitting on a solid, heavy bamboo cutting board from IKEA, on their Iso-Acoustics pucks that, according to Iso-Acoustics eliminate all lateral movement.  I suppose it won't hurt to try though.

What thickness bamboo and are they the butcher-block type?

3 hours ago, agladstone said:

I suggest trying to put the iso-pucks underneath of the Ikea cutting board and then spike the speakers to the ikea board. 

This is what I’m doing for my Martin Logan electrostat towers. I’ve decided that spiking to the cutting board allows the vibrations to travel out of the speakers and into the cutting boards, and then the iso-pucks then isolate the boards from allowing the vibrations coming from the speakers to resonate to the floor with in my case prior to doing this, was causing muddy low end since my floor is not a solid foundation like a cement subfloor, etc (I’m on a second floor of a building built in 1707!!! ) - I think my experiment has improved and tightened the low end and improved imaging, etc. (And it was cheap compared to IsoAcoustics Gia’s or stillpoints :)

How do I attach the spikes to my speakers though?

No electron left behind.

Probably not.  Ha.

Iso-Acoustics says the pucks eliminate all lateral movement and vibration, which is why I bought them to replace the Iso-L8R bases I had the previous speakers on, which these will not fit on due to the sharply tapered back. I have thought of spiking the bamboo boards, but that's the opposite of what was suggested above.  Argh. The only connection point these speakers  have is midpoint attachment to speaker stands.  The speakers would be more likely to lean forward than back if spiked there.

No electron left behind.

45 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I'd ask Sonus !!

The Williams-Singer is interesting in the way they lightened it - I'd strip it for parts tho...

The Williams Singer is 1.8 million base price...  I'd be happy with a regular Singer.  However, that one is cool and if I were to somehow win the lottery without buying a ticket, I'd buy one.  Maybe just an engine too, as art.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

If I had $666,000 to spend, I'd have a Singer 911. ?

Me too, probably baby blue.

Anyhoo, about these Iso Pucks- I am curious if you found any improvements?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC