IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, ASRMichael said:

One step forward and 1 step back

I took The Linear Solution Company DB-7 to get the power issue resolved by an electronics expert. This was quickly resolved, which was great news, however the electronics expert pointed out the DB-7 has 3 OXCO master clocks, and I said yes, I was sold to me on the basis it had 3 OCXO masterclock module (Chipset/Ethernet/USB). To my disbelief he said there is only two of the master clocks actually connect to the the motherboard. You can see the photo showing the 3 OCXO module, one on the right and left is clearly connected to the MB, but the one in the middle is not connected to anything, also there is a connector broken, which might explain a few things. 

I have been in contact with Adrian back and forward, I have asked him 4 times now about the middle OCXO clock not being connected to anything. he is avoiding the question by giving strange responses. 

Here is Adrian's various responses

1) - First off, your DS-7 has 3 OCXO master clock installed. So base on your attached picture is not OCXO module. (seems not accepting the photo I sent him was from his machine)

2) - Yes, this picture show all clock, last one for chipset.

3) - I’m more confused either, our OCXO doesn’t have pin out at all. 

4) - Then no response when I push for an answer to why the middle OCXO is not connected to anything. 

He's my Theory!! He knows exactly what I am saying and refusing to admit the middle OXCO is not connected to anything. I think he found the connector on the middle OCXO was broken so thought he could send me the DB-7 and i wouldn't notice at all, well he was wrong. 

This machine was sold to me on the basis it has 3 OCXO clocks but clearly only has two. 

He did say it's under warranty and should return if any issues, sorry, but the lack of trust I now have for Adrian I would be too scared to send this back, as I suspect I would never see it again. 

I have reported this out of specification to my credit card company, really been mis-sold an item. They will take up with Adrian I am sure in due course. 

There is one things selling low quality items, which I need to accept I played a part in this by taking the risk. What I cannot accept is actually been sold/delivered something that is not even to the specification I paid for. That's just ripping people off. 

IMG_7612.PNG

IMG_7608.jpg

Hi, how are you doing. Any progress to solve things?

Hi Fredm

Simple answer is no, I didn’t send it back, why? Two fold! Scared I wouldn’t receive it back, & even if I did, I would still have a machine that is so poorly build & sounds poor. 

Fidelity Audio in UK can fix for me, but they commented how poor quality the build & oxco clocks are. I’ve come to the conclusion all I have for my money is a $700 NUC. I really want rid of it to be honest, every time I see it, I get annoyed. 

Planning on 7 rail Sean Jacobs LPS for my server, & Innuos USB reclocker. 

Did you manage to resolve your problems?

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

Another recent victim here, this is beginning to feel like some kind of twisted AA meeting, I bought a TLS network switch after reading some positive reviews from 2018. D'oh!

After waiting for the switch that was 3 weeks late, i plugged it in and it does not work...

It was also sent domestic post without tracking, despite paying $75 for shipping!

So all in all $825 for a TP Link TL SG108 ($20 new) that does not work, outrageous.

I have been dealing with a 'Jeff' at TLS (although i paid a Guo Huang) and the is radio silence, no emails are being replied.

I have started a PayPal resolution.

My question is - has anybody else been refunded via PayPal?

And if anyone is considering purchasing from TLS, please take time to research and make a decision.

Cheers folks

Doh

@Doh I posted this on another thread that @ASRMichael started, but I'll post it here to consolidate experiences:

@ASRMichael I will second your warning to anyone who is thinking of buying anything from Adrian or The Linear Solution.

Originally I was set on acquiring a Sean Jacobs PSU and had been finalizing negotiations with him (great guy to deal with) after the usual delays in communication with Paul Hynes, when another forum member here convinced me to go with TLS for their "Reference One" PSU which was supposed to be a SR7 killer (or at least similar in quality for a significantly shorter wait). This has been the biggest mistake of my audiophile career. 

I was also convinced by Austinpop's review of the DS-1 streamer to purchase the same DB-7 streamer that @ASRMichael ended up with. I ended up paying Adrian $5500 around November of 2018 for the DB-7 and the Ref One PSU.

After a few months, I decided to go my own route to build the 7i7DNBE streamer with clocks from SOTM, and asked Adrian to switch the funds to a second Ref One PSU. He was agreeable with that.

Everything went downhill after that. The PSU went through several iterations (as we were beta testers/guinea pigs) - he was charging SR7 prices for a PSU that he hadn't even fully developed. From my end, I did not receive a PSU until October of 2019, about 1 year after I paid him the cash. I only received one of two units. To Adrian's credit, the Ref One PSU that arrived did work, and it was somewhat better in quality that the HDPlex 100W unit I was using up to that time (not a challenging mark to hit). But it was not a huge leap forward; as I do not have an SR7 I could not compare, but I doubt it was at the same level.

At that point, I decided to cut my losses and asked him for a refund. Every time a refund was mentioned, this resulted in email silence from Adrian. It's now the end of Jan 2020, 1 year and 3 months after I paid $5500 and he has stopped responding to my emails. 

I would steer well clear of anything having to do with TLS/The Linear Solution or Adrian Wun in any of his subsequent ventures. 

• 3 weeks later...

@seatrope - aw man i feel for you, that is fraud of $5500, that's a big deal! Do you have a gov consumer rights dept in USA? 

In UK, you can report such activity and they will close down and bring charges on fraudulent selling.

It would totally seem like all the TLS goods are actually rebranded CAS goods indeed coming from China, all be it Hong Kong, have a look what i found after doing some investigating....

He even sell face masks and hand sanitiser now days, always the hustler

The board is a generic one that is floating all over China for $4 a piece, the clock is $50 granted (when buying one unit) and the switch $20 new plus of course 1 hour of work, he charged me $825 including postage that was domestic, untracked. Shocking mark up for an item that works, chronically fraudulent when the unit is not even working!! 🤬

The Paypal resolution case is ongoing....... 🙄

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 08.22.53.png

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 08.23.09.png

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 08.41.52.png

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 08.38.09.png

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 08.47.39.png

To let you guys know - i finally got a refund!! 🥳 Only as Guo Huang (Jeff/Adrian/Marco Polo) refused to reply to Paypal or my own communications except to privately ask me to post to a different address as the one given by Paypal which would have undoubtedly void the refund process, i see this as a lucky escape, total scam artist! 😡

Honestly, only a refund should be considered just at this point, a small extra amount for compensation would say something too, i would not touch anything TLS made with a used HK sold Polish face mask, koolva please, the quality shown here and other places is diabolical, the re sale value is non existent, unless the seller is willing to dupe someone too...

Tie it up and get your money somewhere that counts, face masks from Polska.

I would imagine he's ripping off somebody else in order to get you the refund. Glad you got yours, but this guy should get shut down, period. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I guess the company name should now be The Nonlinear Non-Solution. 9_9

I've met the guy formerly known as Adrian Wun (or whatever his other names are) at AXPONA, and he seemed like a genuine audio enthusiast. It's just shocking and maddening to see them devolve to this level.

I hope they give refunds to all affected customers. That would be the only way back for these guys.

I can see i was very lucky 😅 although, not wanting to be mean on anyone else, i would never pay for anything so dubious as cottage industry audio equipment without credit card insurance or Paypal 🤷‍♂️

The Nonlinear Non-Solution - 😆 Perfect! It sounds like a monty python sketch, to be honest, high end audio is a little like a monty python sketch, this is the only industry i know of that situations like this can be allowed to play out; unjustly uber expensive items that are not even fit or certified for home use (obviously negating home insurance policies in case of fire etc, whoops) and unregulated to the point of fraud being acceptable 🥴 🤠

I also get the feeling that consumers don't usually want to call out bad sellers or manufacturers either because the seller/manufacturer has a place/status in the industry or don't want to upset them, which seems quite easy, customer service is usually dismal with high end audio stuff too.

I grew up in music studios my whole life, although i went a different route from my family business being involved in global on/offshore renewable energy instead.

I call someone out immediately if they are behaving badly, its happened several times within this industry and we need more of it!! Calling poor behaviour out that is.

Be vigilant brothers 💪

unnamed.jpg