IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

When I first heard about TLS, I was told they were friends of SOtM.  Any idea whether that is true?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

30 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

As the plot thickens, AudioPrism, TrueHarmonix, TruHarmonix, Three T Audio, The Linear Solution, what else?

http://www.audioprism.com

From your many other posts I know you are the king of links x-D.  But other than one guy on Audiogon making mention (which could be wrong), how are you linking Byron Collet of Audio Prism to Adrian Wun?  I'm not seeing that connection.

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

how are you linking Byron Collet of Audio Prism to Adrian Wun? 

Maybe I see it too simple, but.. 

Because Wun is the owner of Audio Prism which Collet is too, and Mr Sam Poon says so. He says so because he arranged a dealership and payed 35K to them, so he will know a thing/lie or two. 

Additionally you can trust Sam Poon. IMO. 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Well, at least we know now he's not a Seattle-ite. Redmond and Bellevue are cities on the Eastside (where Microsoft and other tech reside). Big difference. ;) 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

5 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Well, at least we know now he's not a Seattle-ite. Redmond and Bellevue are cities on the Eastside (where Microsoft and other tech reside). Big difference. ;) 

I’m hoping you meant that in a positive way.  😊

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, hieukm said:

This is the shitty PSU and Server that were delivered to me. The PSU is not working and can see one of the capacitor has been broken out of place. The server using shitty wire and parts for componenst.

Not that i am blaming my own naive on others but I am still amazed that none of the site admin has spoken on these matter. Even well known figure who supposedly did testing for TLS are now silent. It seems all these site want is traffic and monthl y paid fee for selling/buying stuff. 

65545725_385576355411338_2809376342112468992_n.jpg

65859542_633902413803261_4078161843728678912_n.jpg

Hi, I feel your pain! Are you sure this is TLS server? Looks exactly like mine, Adrian calls it the DB-7. Since delivery I’v had various issues with the DB-7 switching off, also the external power connector to the OXCO board has a loose connection somewhere. It keeps clicking on & off.

I removed my SOTM tri-setup for the DB-7, it does sound slightly better, but slightly. DB-7 cost more, so you would expect that. My main issue is not with sound quality it’s more about build quality & more about the issues I have. You just don’t expect to pay $3600 dollars for something that doesn’t work properly. Adrian suspect external psu cable needs replaced, been waiting 6 weeks now. 

I also complained about the case that was used, it is nothing like what is on their website, just a low quality case used. Not what I expected, certainly not a case you would use on a $3600 machine. This will seriously hinder the re-sale value. 

Regarding parts, when I opened up the case I was shocked to find you could buy all the parts (except the OXCO board) for around $600. Oxco board? Let’s say $200, now that’s healthy profit margin. To be honest I’m not so bothered about companies making a good profit margin, but before doing so, please ensure the quality is 100%. 

This is a classic case of start-up v scale-up. A lot of businesses fail in the scale-up without key company vision & strategies. Clearly quality has not been considered as part of the companies vision. 

I also purchased this on the back of reviews I’ve seen on this site. I appreciate reviewer can only review what they have been giving at the time. I suspect it’s the scale-up stage of TLS business has caused the decrease in quality. 

I’ve learned a lot with this experience, don’t break your life long rule. “Demo everything before you purchase” 

D3DD1510-E075-43E5-BAD5-BE4280A7ACC0.jpeg

Resale value? You've got to be joking? External PSU cable causes dropouts? He's got to be kidding. 

The problem is, once one throws this kind of $ at a fly by night company, one pretty much has to live with what they got. How long will TLS even  be around for warranty service? One might be better off buying all the pieces and then finding some high school kid to bang them together for a few hundred dollars. 

Crazy hobby this is... sorry for your pain, and also thanks for letting others know to steer clear. Hope you can at least get it working stable. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, kennyb123 said:

I’m hoping you meant that in a positive way.  😊

It's all good. You'd have to have grown up here to get my joke about the east/west "rivalry" (maybe you did). 

20 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Resale value? You've got to be joking? External PSU cable causes dropouts? He's got to be kidding. 

The problem is, once one throws this kind of $ at a fly by night company, one pretty much has to live with what they got. How long will TLS even  be around for warranty service? One might be better off buying all the pieces and then finding some high school kid to bang them together for a few hundred dollars. 

Crazy hobby this is... sorry for your pain, and also thanks for letting others know to steer clear. Hope you can at least get it working stable. 

Might have some good news. After extensive reading on this site & others. I’v Just found out Sean Jacobs live 90 miles from me. I’ll going to send him an email, then pop in to see him. 

Does anyone know of a decent case i could use for this? It just looks so cheap to me. 

Update: not surprised but Adrian is now completely ignoring me. No response to my emails in the last 5 days. This is effectively saying “I am happy to send you kit that doesn’t work, not interested in honouring the warranty” after all he has my money.

I’m now going to brush this under the carpet & move on. I’m only writing this to warn other people, so they don’t get burned like I & many others have. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, ASRMichael said:

Update: not surprised but Adrian is now completely ignoring me. No response to my emails in the last 5 days. This is effectively saying “I am happy to send you kit that doesn’t work, not interested in honouring the warranty” after all he has my money.

I’m now going to brush this under the carpet & move on. I’m only writing this to warn other people, so they don’t get burned like I & many others have. 

Sorry to hear that Michael, welcome in the club 😕

On 8/9/2019 at 5:59 AM, George Hincapie said:

Wow.

This thread makes for depressing reading. I was going to order a TLS Switch. I think I'll pass and get something else.

I feel sorry for those of you who have lost money.

Wait for the Ethergen. Personally I am using the sotm one. Paul Pang is another option among a few

One step forward and 1 step back

I took The Linear Solution Company DB-7 to get the power issue resolved by an electronics expert. This was quickly resolved, which was great news, however the electronics expert pointed out the DB-7 has 3 OXCO master clocks, and I said yes, I was sold to me on the basis it had 3 OCXO masterclock module (Chipset/Ethernet/USB). To my disbelief he said there is only two of the master clocks actually connect to the the motherboard. You can see the photo showing the 3 OCXO module, one on the right and left is clearly connected to the MB, but the one in the middle is not connected to anything, also there is a connector broken, which might explain a few things. 

I have been in contact with Adrian back and forward, I have asked him 4 times now about the middle OCXO clock not being connected to anything. he is avoiding the question by giving strange responses. 

Here is Adrian's various responses

1) - First off, your DS-7 has 3 OCXO master clock installed. So base on your attached picture is not OCXO module. (seems not accepting the photo I sent him was from his machine)

2) - Yes, this picture show all clock, last one for chipset.

3) - I’m more confused either, our OCXO doesn’t have pin out at all. 

4) - Then no response when I push for an answer to why the middle OCXO is not connected to anything. 

He's my Theory!! He knows exactly what I am saying and refusing to admit the middle OXCO is not connected to anything. I think he found the connector on the middle OCXO was broken so thought he could send me the DB-7 and i wouldn't notice at all, well he was wrong. 

This machine was sold to me on the basis it has 3 OCXO clocks but clearly only has two. 

He did say it's under warranty and should return if any issues, sorry, but the lack of trust I now have for Adrian I would be too scared to send this back, as I suspect I would never see it again. 

I have reported this out of specification to my credit card company, really been mis-sold an item. They will take up with Adrian I am sure in due course. 

There is one things selling low quality items, which I need to accept I played a part in this by taking the risk. What I cannot accept is actually been sold/delivered something that is not even to the specification I paid for. That's just ripping people off. 

IMG_7612.PNG

IMG_7608.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just posting to ensure other people keep seeing these posts. Basically do not buy anything from Adrian "The Linear Solution"

He will take your money

Send you something that is not to spec or does not work

He'll ignore emails

Then agree to take it back under warranty

You'll send it back and never see it again......

Simply don't buy anything

I do think the owners of this site should remove any reviews that give positive feedback of any of his products. To be honest I still don't understand why they are still on this site. 

Anyone who has lost money or having difficulty contact me and I will send you his address. 

Good initiative! I recognise the pattern you describe. Recently I received similar experience from a user via PM, what a mess.

@The Computer Audiophile Which position do you have? You asked TLS to response, with no response till today. Given the actual experience, please clean up the false and misleading article and comments about TLS or able users to so themselves. I’ve PM you with this request before, with no answer.

My guess is that AudiophileStyle members are already in this mess for more then $50.000. I would hate to see others getting in this rabbit hole due to the misleading information / comments on this site. We know better now, need to act accordingly imho.

Ps. A new product appeared on the TLS website, so they are still active. First hand experience with similar setup/‘product’ is already shared here:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/43611-tls-the-one-server/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-981825

On 8/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, ASRMichael said:

One step forward and 1 step back

I took The Linear Solution Company DB-7 to get the power issue resolved by an electronics expert. This was quickly resolved, which was great news, however the electronics expert pointed out the DB-7 has 3 OXCO master clocks, and I said yes, I was sold to me on the basis it had 3 OCXO masterclock module (Chipset/Ethernet/USB). To my disbelief he said there is only two of the master clocks actually connect to the the motherboard. You can see the photo showing the 3 OCXO module, one on the right and left is clearly connected to the MB, but the one in the middle is not connected to anything, also there is a connector broken, which might explain a few things. 

I have been in contact with Adrian back and forward, I have asked him 4 times now about the middle OCXO clock not being connected to anything. he is avoiding the question by giving strange responses. 

Here is Adrian's various responses

1) - First off, your DS-7 has 3 OCXO master clock installed. So base on your attached picture is not OCXO module. (seems not accepting the photo I sent him was from his machine)

2) - Yes, this picture show all clock, last one for chipset.

3) - I’m more confused either, our OCXO doesn’t have pin out at all. 

4) - Then no response when I push for an answer to why the middle OCXO is not connected to anything. 

He's my Theory!! He knows exactly what I am saying and refusing to admit the middle OXCO is not connected to anything. I think he found the connector on the middle OCXO was broken so thought he could send me the DB-7 and i wouldn't notice at all, well he was wrong. 

This machine was sold to me on the basis it has 3 OCXO clocks but clearly only has two. 

He did say it's under warranty and should return if any issues, sorry, but the lack of trust I now have for Adrian I would be too scared to send this back, as I suspect I would never see it again. 

I have reported this out of specification to my credit card company, really been mis-sold an item. They will take up with Adrian I am sure in due course. 

There is one things selling low quality items, which I need to accept I played a part in this by taking the risk. What I cannot accept is actually been sold/delivered something that is not even to the specification I paid for. That's just ripping people off. 

IMG_7612.PNG

IMG_7608.jpg

The add on clocks are a joke... By the time the signal has travelled down a single ended wire with no return path it will be crap. A total bodge job... In fact an excellent example of how not to add a clock to some electronics.