IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

8 hours ago, hieukm said:

This is the shitty PSU and Server that were delivered to me. The PSU is not working and can see one of the capacitor has been broken out of place. The server using shitty wire and parts for componenst.

Was your PSU spec'd with Mundorf caps?  I don't see any in the picture.

36 minutes ago, k27R said:

Was your PSU spec'd with Mundorf caps?  I don't see any in the picture.

94497273-9C94-4D61-A805-F47967BB4A2C.jpeg.7a259ff360505d4be6dbaa823e4b9570.jpeg

in the upper half of the picture the green o’s are probably Mundorf’s.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

3 hours ago, Ricones said:

@hieukmWhen was the server delivered?  If it was delivered recently it means the quality of work has gone from bad to worse.   

Sometimes less know better sleep. Dont open yours :D

ps. honestly, i would worry about result, not how it was reached. If it sounds great it doesnt matter, how its done inside. I know, im a perfectionist and i would be mad to see this crap. But, really, check photos of Lampizator. It looks like my 3years old kid just found a soldering-iron, but results are awesome!

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

9 minutes ago, Cooler said:

Sometimes less know better sleep. Dont open yours :D

ps. honestly, i would worry about result, not how it was reached. If it sounds great it doesnt matter, how its done inside. I know, im a perfectionist and i would be mad to see this crap. But, really, check photos of Lampizator. It looks like my 3years old kid just found a soldering-iron, but results are awesome!

Haha, you are right a Big 6 DAC with a oak floor, nice.

AD30680C-5E7C-40B5-B848-509158CAA1FF.thumb.jpeg.6bff9d827f50c49c0f84d7aa7a238e7f.jpeg

But least this one is clean and has professional pcb’s and transformers.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

Given the awful build of the OneServer Ricones has received, the contrast of the TLS products are remarkable. I even wonder if the products Adrian -as a reviewer / opinion leader- received are similar to products customers have received, as if they are sonically talking about two different products:

Adrian wrote positively about the DS-1 “Great as that NUC sounded, the DS-1 sounds significantly better. The improvements are exactly what I have heard with clock improvements before. Clearly the OCXO is the reason for the bulk of this improvement.”

Ricones says his DS-1 sounded “really bad: flat sound full of digital haze, very difficult to listen to more than several seconds.” 

We’re not talking about nuances here, it just doesn’t add up. (I also noticed that Adrian’s DS-1 review sample was shipped in a nice yellow case, Ricones received his totl OneServer in a black case, with yellow tape, I admit).

Hopefully Adrian has an explanation on this and the other issues in this topic. 

I would like to hear from Adrian, as I’m still waiting for this response on my emails. The OneServer I ordered was way way past the due date and the NUCserver would also have been way past the due date. After seeing the pictures of both now, I believe there would have been more reasons to be entitled to cancel with a full refund (and I’m not even talking about the 2 DOA’s). Perhaps now we can solve it in a respectable matter via this forum. 

@FredM   After I got it running, TLS sounded quite good.  Booting TLS from a stick with the latest version of AudioLinux (not Adrian's) produce a different SQ: mellow sound and bloomy low frequencies. 

Need to make clear that when it comes to SQ there is no comparison between the DS-1 unit I had and TLS.

19 minutes ago, Ricones said:

@FredM   After I got it running, TLS sounded quite good.  Booting TLS from a stick with the latest version of AudioLinux (not Adrian's) produce a different SQ: mellow sound and bloomy low frequencies. 

Need to make clear that when it comes to SQ there is no comparison between the DS-1 unit I had and TLS.

I sincerely hope TLS can repair your OneServer properly, according specs and promises (with i.e. the DreamOS working). Imho it should sound nothing less than great. Thanks to this topic I’m sure he’ll do his utmost best.

@FredM  Adrian was supposed to deliver by mid July the new version of the server. The TLS sound was so good that I agreed suggesting end of July as a delivery date. He is asking for more time now on account of being new product that requires custom parts. Given past experiences and the fact that he knew all that when he committed to the deadline I am not inclined to accept.   I am simply tired of all this and have no more time for it. 

One more thing: workmanship and the quality of the components in my unit was better than what @hieukm posted.

4 hours ago, FredM said:

Adrian wrote positively about the DS-1 “Great as that NUC sounded, the DS-1 sounds significantly better. The improvements are exactly what I have heard with clock improvements before. Clearly the OCXO is the reason for the bulk of this improvement.”

The AS review of the DS-1 was written by @austinpop ... his name is Rajiv.  Adrian is the principal guy at TLS.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 hours ago, FredM said:

Given the awful build of the OneServer Ricones has received, the contrast of the TLS products are remarkable. I even wonder if the products Adrian -as a reviewer / opinion leader- received are similar to products customers have received, as if they are sonically talking about two different products:

Ricones says his DS-1 sounded “really bad: flat sound full of digital haze, very difficult to listen to more than several seconds.” 

We’re not talking about nuances here, it just doesn’t add up. (I also noticed that Adrian’s DS-1 review sample was shipped in a nice yellow case, Ricones received his totl OneServer in a black case, with yellow tape, I admit).

Hopefully Adrian has an explanation on this and the other issues in this topic. 

Essential typo: the first three ‘Adrian’s’ mentioned above, should have been Austinpop

I can’t edit a post, so I’ll repost with the names in the right places, sorry for the confusion.

Given the awful build of the OneServer Ricones has received, the contrast of the TLS products are remarkable. I even wonder if the products Austinpop as a reviewer / opinion leader- received are similar to products customers have received, as if they are sonically talking about two different products:

Austinpop wrote positively about the DS-1 “Great as that NUC sounded, the DS-1 sounds significantly better. The improvements are exactly what I have heard with clock improvements before. Clearly the OCXO is the reason for the bulk of this improvement.”

We’re not talking about nuances here, it just doesn’t add up. (I also noticed that Austinpop’s DS-1 review sample was shipped in a nice yellow case, Ricones received his totl OneServer in a black case, with yellow tape, I admit).

Hopefully Adrian/TLS has an explanation on this and the other issues in this topic. 

22 hours ago, FredM said:

it just doesn’t add up.

What also doesn't add up is the CE certification stickers in there... 

CE marking https://g.co/kgs/oKnXWR

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 hour ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

Something is truly amiss with this story....not saying anyone is lying or anything like that. 

I am just saying that the two TLS Reference Ones I have a truly fantastic sounding.  Maybe a little DIY looking.  I know a power supply is a long way from a $9K server.

By the looks of the inside of the latest server attempts, it almost seems like he has hired people in China to try to build these servers and his plan is just collapsing around him. 

I assume he is in deep financially to all the projects that are on the books and backed up.  I am assuming that Adrian is not going to be able to pull out of this mess.  I don't want to damn a guy or say he is a bad person that is purposefully screwing over people.   I think that damning and speculations to his intents are nothing but gossip and chatter.  Emotions run high in these situations.  Dreams shitted on and such...

I wish the community here was strong and evolved enough to support someone that probably had good intentions but shite just got out of control.  I would implore Adrian to come on here and get real with everyone about his situation.  People are very forgiving when honesty becomes your guide.  Or at least get real with the people who you owe a shite ton of money to on an individual basis.  He is probably in more hell than any of you who are out money....ego and the very public slow disintegration of a business.   If the business has to fold, do it with grace and walking upright.

I am not making excuses or anything and I would be totally pissed about the situation if it were my money.   I have had similar issues with car projects. 

I enjoyed talking to Adrian back when had was working on the software and dreaming of his new server.  The big thread came along and made heroes of a few companies for a moment.  Then the unstoppable progress for SQ pushed the heroes out of the way and the next champions lined up.  I bet lots of companies have changed direction because of the findings in the big thread.  I mean look how many people have cycled through various high end servers and now for half the price have what they consider better with simple NUC implementations.  And the progress continues.  Hard to build a business off the fleeting moments of what others consider the best way to do things...for that moment.  Funny now many are now back around to single box solutions. 

But with harsh words and accusations, I don't think he would be anything but beaten up unless he was 100% honest with the forum..  Ho, hum......kinda hurts my gut just reading this saga.  Maybe I am too empathetic and compassionate for the hurt....on both sides of this mess.    I just can't believe Adrian is anything but overwhelm and hurting in this situation....not conniving and malevolent. 

Please don't construe anything I said as judgement against people's reactions here.  You have good reason.  It is just a painful thread to have to see on many levels.

Good luck to all. 

You should read some of his excuse in the 1 year wait leading to product delivery. They are: " testing transformer, everything looks good but the clock is not on spec, we currently have snow in Seattle so everyone stopped working, transformers received but testing again, more testing, more delay. "

No honest individual would be able to come up with so much bullshit to delay for a 9k product fully paid from June last year. Stop the empathetic story line. Andrian needs to get his ass kicked out of the community for good. I bet he even changed his name if TLS go under. 

4 hours ago, hieukm said:

I bet he even changed his name if TLS go under. 

and he can get to jail for fraud as well. If you all have payment proof etc, its real fraud with serious consequences.

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

6 hours ago, hieukm said:

"Stop the empathetic story line".

You missed my point but that's cool.  Don't really care that you tell me to stop my empathic story line.  Like saying stopping be full of anger and be angry and mad with me. 

Good Luck to you and Adrian!

Peace...

Christopher

Vinyl Nirvana Thorens 125 MKII+EAT JO No5 w/ SoundSmith Boran Cantilever>Gold Note PH5+HDPlex 500 ATX+
HDPlex 300>Custom W10 Server>Roon Rock>Euphony Stylus v4+Endpoint v4 Atom/JCAT XE USB>ISO Regen>
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 w/ RoomPerfect>GR Research NX-Studio + Rythmik F18 Servo Sub
"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

Wow. I remember seeing TLS when it first started out and thinking, 'cool, my hometown,' and 'run away far and fast' all in the same breath. English as a second language typos, vague, most likely photoshopped images, no actual contact or business info beyond an email contact form. All promised to be the 'best.' Are you guys sure he even lives in Seattle? Seems like maybe a Chinese shell to me using our trendy town as a marketing ploy. The snow this year was big enough to warrant international news - easy enough for him to use an excuse (for what and why though is another matter). Anyone have an actual address or has it all been PO boxes? 

A bait and switch (or should I say 'switch' and then switch). Easy enough to take a $19.99 switch and solder a few caps and a clock on it, make a small circuit board, and then charge 10-15X more.  Easy work to make look clean because most of it was done in a factory. Harder to build a server or power supply from scratch (though honestly, give me $9k and a few months and I could do better than that, with almost zero experience). Perhaps he could put a see through top on it and call it the ' Mad Max' model? I'll bet most of those parts cheap fakes as well. 

I do feel bad for anyone taken by this company (TLS/LHL=SOL) but it also raises the question: what exactly kind of fantastical audio fairy dust are these guys offering? If I had that kind of $ to spend on a server (!), I'd certainly go with an established trusted company. And if the secret sauce is supposedly in the TLS OS, then they should just be selling that instead of trying to scam people with back alley hardware (seriously reminds me of a lot of the infrastructure I've seen in SE Asia).

I have a feeling no-one will be hearing from these guys again. @christopher: not sure how you can defend this guy, but I also note you have one of his products you want to unload (good luck with that). I think most of us don't throw our money away just because somebody's a 'nice guy.' 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

10 hours ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

Something is truly amiss with this story....not saying anyone is lying or anything like that. 

I am just saying that the two TLS Reference Ones I have a truly fantastic sounding.  Maybe a little DIY looking.  I know a power supply is a long way from a $9K server.

By the looks of the inside of the latest server attempts, it almost seems like he has hired people in China to try to build these servers and his plan is just collapsing around him. 

I assume he is in deep financially to all the projects that are on the books and backed up.  I am assuming that Adrian is not going to be able to pull out of this mess.  I don't want to damn a guy or say he is a bad person that is purposefully screwing over people.   I think that damning and speculations to his intents are nothing but gossip and chatter.  Emotions run high in these situations.  Dreams shitted on and such...

I wish the community here was strong and evolved enough to support someone that probably had good intentions but shite just got out of control.  I would implore Adrian to come on here and get real with everyone about his situation.  People are very forgiving when honesty becomes your guide.  Or at least get real with the people who you owe a shite ton of money to on an individual basis.  He is probably in more hell than any of you who are out money....ego and the very public slow disintegration of a business.   If the business has to fold, do it with grace and walking upright.

I am not making excuses or anything and I would be totally pissed about the situation if it were my money.   I have had similar issues with car projects. 

I enjoyed talking to Adrian back when had was working on the software and dreaming of his new server.  The big thread came along and made heroes of a few companies for a moment.  Then the unstoppable progress for SQ pushed the heroes out of the way and the next champions lined up.  I bet lots of companies have changed direction because of the findings in the big thread.  I mean look how many people have cycled through various high end servers and now for half the price have what they consider better with simple NUC implementations.  And the progress continues.  Hard to build a business off the fleeting moments of what others consider the best way to do things...for that moment.  Funny now many are now back around to single box solutions. 

But with harsh words and accusations, I don't think he would be anything but beaten up unless he was 100% honest with the forum..  Ho, hum......kinda hurts my gut just reading this saga.  Maybe I am too empathetic and compassionate for the hurt....on both sides of this mess.    I just can't believe Adrian is anything but overwhelm and hurting in this situation....not conniving and malevolent. 

Please don't construe anything I said as judgement against people's reactions here.  You have good reason.  It is just a painful thread to have to see on many levels.

Good luck to all. 

The person behind TLS could be the nicest person alive in a private situation, but we’re not talking about a person here.. We’re sharing experiences about a company who sells multi thousand dollar equipment to customers worldwide. 

During the sales process false promises and claims are made about the OneServer, which reach the surface now. Using the forum search other TLS products are apparently also sold with false claims: 

- Regarding the TLS OCXO switch it was stated by TLS that the complementary TLS PSU was a perfect match, designed for the switch => comparisons with other PSU’s -also quite regular PSU’s- proved wrong

- The Reference 1 PSU should be better than the SR7 => based on an one-2-one comparison this was also proved wrong (after this finding TLS still told me the Reference 1 is better)

Regardless of specific products, imho overall TLS sells its products with way too much ‘confidence’ which they’re not able to achieve: regarding a reliable ETA and quality (which appears to vary). That said, I truly hate to see the level of disrespect to its customers. What on earth was the person thinking while sending the earlier seen OneServers to its customers?