IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

12 hours ago, Ricones said:

Regarding Adrian, he seems to be the guy who wants to do the right thing for his customers despite the challenges.

I used to agree with this statement.  Experience has taught me otherwise.  Adrian will only string you along and is simply incapable of doing what he promises.  In my opinion, he lacks the technical knowledge, business acumen, and common sense.

To elaborate further, in my opinion, Adrian has average DIY skills (at best) but is charging premium prices for finished consumer products.  Based on my experience over the past 12 months, I have seen no evidence that he can deliver on any of his promises.  In fact, the quality of his work has deteriorated during this time.

1 hour ago, auricgoldfinger said:

To elaborate further, in my opinion, Adrian has average DIY skills (at best) but is charging premium prices for finished consumer products.  Based on my experience over the past 12 months, I have seen no evidence that he can deliver on any of his promises.  In fact, the quality of his work has deteriorated during this time.

So why is audiophilestyle promoting him on the homepage?  Diligence anyone?

I had the DS-1 streamer in my system for about a week.   Adrian said it was their entry configuration. Maybe that is why it sounded really bad: flat sound full of digital haze, very difficult to listen to more than several seconds.  

The server unit had a totally different sound though, absolutely no comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the server with newest build NUC i7. Needless to say it was an shitty products from TLS. Bad build quality. Cheap components. I am seriously pissed to see none of his supporter or even the admin of this site to comment about this.

I would like to warn anyone to stay away from Thelinearsolution or risk losing money. 

I hope this site would ban anything relate to this company and the owner.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:25 AM, flkin said:

Hi @FredM

Sorry to hear about your issues with TLS. Please do detail your experience as it will surely help others to make an informed decision. I was actually looking forward to hearing how the TLS streamer sounded.

Hi flkin,

Tldr: I’ve been naïve, I’ve trusted TLS. Overall TLS is very polite and responsive, but clearly promises more than they can deliver. TLS ignores me now, with a $1500 deposit still at TLS..

Let me start saying that when the OneServer appeared on my radar, this was the one box server that ticked all my boxes. Based on some experiences with the TLS clocked switches I thought they know their stuff [but perhaps was more a lucky shot]. As TLS is a young company, I asked a fellow forum member for his thoughts on TLS, this was positive. Having a weakness for small innovative ‘start up’ companies, this was reassuring enough. I was also very pleased that my long search for an one box server could finally be over, so I decided to pull the trigger so that I could start experience a new ‘musical enjoyment’ with this top-of-the-line server.

After ordering the OneServer (June 2018), it has been delayed countless time. TLS failed to manage a honest/trustworthy delivery process. The each time some kind of a reason/excuse (delayed enclosure, transformer, OPPO getting out of business, snow,  ..). With all the ongoing delays of the OneServer I was worried that I would’ve get stuck with an already outdated server the moment it arrives at my doorstep. (AL/NUC based setup got traction).

After expressing my concern is about a board/proc of the OneServer (dec 2018), my wishes appeared to be answered. Without going into too much details, TLS was developing a NUC based server with 2 very ‘innovative’ complementary products and some major component improvements... this must be the holy grail...!! [I naively thought...]. I upgraded my order, with a price increase of about 15-20%, with an ETA of march/April 2019. Please note: Till this day none of these new complementary products/developments have appeared on the TLS website nor have been mentioned at any online community that I’m aware of.

The very next working day, a big change in my personal circumstances entered the stage (we needing to move to a new house/location). Despite my enthusiasm I wanted to cancel the order to have a clear focus, e.g. I even didn’t know if a dedicated listening room would be possible in the new house. So I asked to cancel the order. Then also I asked TLS to propose how we could end our ‘business relation’ in a respectful manner.

When I noticed the failed TLS job in post 40 of this topic (June 2019), I was amazed and utterly disappointed. That could have been me, waiting a year for a top-of-the-line server and receiving a… well, I can’t describe it other than a complete disrespect to customers solution. So besides trying to warp up my order with TLS ignoring 5 emails, now a month has past, I felt a strong urge to share my experience with fellow forum members to put my previous (too enthusiastic) posts about TLS in a proper context. This way fellow forum members/potential customers make their own informed decision.

I could write a book about my ‘emotional’ journey: the countless times I checked my mail hoping for e.g. an update on delivery, it has been a frustrating journey.. Looking back the change in personal circumstances was the best thing that could happen at the moment, otherwise I would have ended deeper in the rabbit hole... I guess there is a very slim chance TLS will come with a proposal to finish our ‘business relation’ in a respectable manner, I’m not holding my breath. Looking back, I made a bad decision. Be aware!

55 minutes ago, hieukm said:

I received the server with newest build NUC i7. Needless to say it was an shitty products from TLS. Bad build quality. Cheap components. I am seriously pissed to see none of his supporter or even the admin of this site to comment about this.

I would like to warn anyone to stay away from Thelinearsolution or risk losing money. 

What an awfull result.. I'm sorry to hear that.

IMG_2094.jpg

As @Superdad already said, the only country where parcels are packed like that, is China. To me this would mean it has been produced in China.

All boxes are ticked for that just the same (sorry Fred). 

8K?? 

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

6 hours ago, PeterSt said:

To me this would mean it has been produced in China.

All boxes are ticked for that just the same (sorry Fred). 

Perhaps this is where ‘Linear’ stands for: a direct relation with ‘design, development and testing’ in China.. 

Luckily 3 out of 3 known customers have at least had a very linear experience 

E55E47CA-9AD5-45DD-AE95-7186FF744679.jpeg

On 7/3/2019 at 9:36 AM, hieukm said:

Can you share the photos?

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

On 7/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, FredM said:

TLS ignores me now, with a $1500 deposit still at TLS..

For such situations i wait till the last week i can open a claim in paypal and of course such money i would pay only through paypal.

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

This is the shitty PSU and Server that were delivered to me. The PSU is not working and can see one of the capacitor has been broken out of place. The server using shitty wire and parts for componenst.

Not that i am blaming my own naive on others but I am still amazed that none of the site admin has spoken on these matter. Even well known figure who supposedly did testing for TLS are now silent. It seems all these site want is traffic and monthl y paid fee for selling/buying stuff. 

65545725_385576355411338_2809376342112468992_n.jpg

65859542_633902413803261_4078161843728678912_n.jpg

44 minutes ago, hieukm said:

This is the shitty PSU and Server that were delivered to me. The PSU is not working and can see one of the capacitor has been broken out of place. The server using shitty wire and parts for componenst.

Not that i am blaming my own naive on others but I am still amazed that none of the site admin has spoken on these matter. Even well known figure who supposedly did testing for TLS are now silent. It seems all these site want is traffic and monthl y paid fee for selling/buying stuff. 

Mmmmm looks like a bad DIY project or a prototype or something. This costs 8k? I think that have a slight production problem.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

5 hours ago, hieukm said:

It's generally not our role to call our manufacturers on issues like this because we don't have the direct issue. Meaning, we haven't been ripped off and we are only left with the he said / she said business. This is where our forum is invaluable. People can express their opinion freely and let others know what's going on. 

On 6/21/2019 at 7:52 AM, guiltyboxswapper said:

So why is audiophilestyle promoting him on the homepage?  Diligence anyone?

We were not aware of any issues at the time of the review. We do our due diligence because it's bad for business if we don't. If we review stuff and give it a stamp of approval, we have our reputation on the line. That said, situations change with manufacturers. Perhaps this one has gone to the dark side.

Has anyone given him a link to this thread? Would be great to get him to comment. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 hours ago, hieukm said:

Thanks for sharing. As they say "a picture is worth a thousand words". 

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com 

7 hours ago, hieukm said:

YIKES!  Each one looks worse than the other. o.O

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We were not aware of any issues at the time of the review. We do our due diligence because it's bad for business if we don't. If we review stuff and give it a stamp of approval, we have our reputation on the line. That said, situations change with manufacturers. Perhaps this one has gone to the dark side.

Agreed. For the record, the gear I've bought (OCXO Switch) or evaluated (OCXO router, DS-1 streamer) from TLS have all worked as specified. Not sure what has caused this troubling shift.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Has anyone given him a link to this thread? Would be great to get him to comment. 

Referencing him now. @allaboutacoustic

8 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Agreed. For the record, the gear I've bought (OCXO Switch) or evaluated (OCXO router, DS-1 streamer) from TLS have all worked as specified. Not sure what has caused this troubling shift.

Referencing him now. @allaboutacoustic

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's generally not our role to call our manufacturers on issues like this because we don't have the direct issue. Meaning, we haven't been ripped off and we are only left with the he said / she said business. This is where our forum is invaluable. People can express their opinion freely and let others know what's going on. 

Do you guys honestly think he does not read this??