IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, FredM said:

TLS has some keen developments ahead

Such as?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 minutes ago, rickca said:

Such as?

Sorry, can’t say. From the first contact I told Adrian that our conversation would remain private, I want to keep my word. All I can tell you is that I changed my order, it’s up to TLS/Adrian to make announcements. Sorry for the unintented tease 😀

• 4 months later...

I have paid for the TLS One Server in October of 2018. I am still waiting for either the delivery of the item or my money back. Time and time again Adrian demonstrated his art in delaying and finding excuses. The latest excuse is that the shipper (not clear which one) did not come for several days now to pick up the package. 

Before I take any legal action against the companyI would like to know if anyone else have had a similar experience.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, Ricones said:

I have paid for the TLS One Server in October of 2018. I am still waiting for either the delivery of the item or my money back.

Wow.  Back then Adrian told me 8 weeks lead time for THE ONE server.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

@marce  Actually I have that switch and LPS in my system. It did improve the sound of Roon streamed to Trinnov Altitude32; BluRay mkv rips streamed to Oppo 205 showed a better picture while the soundtrack was more coherent. AppleTV also displayed a better picture and sound. On the other hand, I had in my system for about one week their DS-1 streamer. SQ was very disappointing. I hope TOS sounds better.

@hieukm Yours must be the second server Adrian mentioned.

@rickca @hieukm I have got an USPS tracking number for an item that was shipped from Vancouver, Canada.  It should be here Friday by 8PM.  

3 hours ago, Ricones said:

I am afraid I don't know who Mike Davis is.

I think he is the Computer Audiophile user formerly known as Blizzard.  Banned.  Long story.

I have received the server midday today. As promised here are the first impressions.

Heavy box with repurposed packaging. No power cord. The server is put together in a rush. Screws not properly fastened; one screw found loose in the packing box. Something is dangling inside the server -- sound like another loose screw.  Sent Adrain email asking for advice on whether I should power the server.  

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

I waited 8 months and all I got was this freaking orange light.

3 hours ago, hieukm said:

Andrian is delaying my units again with his unspecified excuse. I am now worried t-after seeing the conditions of your units. 

Regards,

Better don't rush him. You don't want another box that can only do the orange button glowing trick. 

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com 

@Nenon I strongly disagree with your statement. In my case I have paid in October of 2018 for a server with a given configuration to be delivered by the end of that year. Don't know the terms of the agreement between Adrian and @hieukm However, according to US law, upon purchasing an item one has a grace period to decide whether one keeps or returns that purchase.

@flkin I suspect the screw was holding the motherboard. Found two more loose screws inside when I opened the server. I also have a picture of the inside but will have to ask Adrian before publishing it.

Upon opening the server I have founds that the mobo power connector was hanging in the air.    The server is now up and running although the front light is very confusing: it is always on. How can one tell if the server is on?