IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

On 7/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, hieukm said:

This is the shitty PSU and Server that were delivered to me. The PSU is not working and can see one of the capacitor has been broken out of place. The server using shitty wire and parts for componenst.

Not that i am blaming my own naive on others but I am still amazed that none of the site admin has spoken on these matter. Even well known figure who supposedly did testing for TLS are now silent. It seems all these site want is traffic and monthl y paid fee for selling/buying stuff. 

65545725_385576355411338_2809376342112468992_n.jpg

65859542_633902413803261_4078161843728678912_n.jpg

Hi, I feel your pain! Are you sure this is TLS server? Looks exactly like mine, Adrian calls it the DB-7. Since delivery I’v had various issues with the DB-7 switching off, also the external power connector to the OXCO board has a loose connection somewhere. It keeps clicking on & off.

I removed my SOTM tri-setup for the DB-7, it does sound slightly better, but slightly. DB-7 cost more, so you would expect that. My main issue is not with sound quality it’s more about build quality & more about the issues I have. You just don’t expect to pay $3600 dollars for something that doesn’t work properly. Adrian suspect external psu cable needs replaced, been waiting 6 weeks now. 

I also complained about the case that was used, it is nothing like what is on their website, just a low quality case used. Not what I expected, certainly not a case you would use on a $3600 machine. This will seriously hinder the re-sale value. 

Regarding parts, when I opened up the case I was shocked to find you could buy all the parts (except the OXCO board) for around $600. Oxco board? Let’s say $200, now that’s healthy profit margin. To be honest I’m not so bothered about companies making a good profit margin, but before doing so, please ensure the quality is 100%. 

This is a classic case of start-up v scale-up. A lot of businesses fail in the scale-up without key company vision & strategies. Clearly quality has not been considered as part of the companies vision. 

I also purchased this on the back of reviews I’ve seen on this site. I appreciate reviewer can only review what they have been giving at the time. I suspect it’s the scale-up stage of TLS business has caused the decrease in quality. 

I’ve learned a lot with this experience, don’t break your life long rule. “Demo everything before you purchase” 

D3DD1510-E075-43E5-BAD5-BE4280A7ACC0.jpeg

20 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Resale value? You've got to be joking? External PSU cable causes dropouts? He's got to be kidding. 

The problem is, once one throws this kind of $ at a fly by night company, one pretty much has to live with what they got. How long will TLS even  be around for warranty service? One might be better off buying all the pieces and then finding some high school kid to bang them together for a few hundred dollars. 

Crazy hobby this is... sorry for your pain, and also thanks for letting others know to steer clear. Hope you can at least get it working stable. 

Might have some good news. After extensive reading on this site & others. I’v Just found out Sean Jacobs live 90 miles from me. I’ll going to send him an email, then pop in to see him. 

Does anyone know of a decent case i could use for this? It just looks so cheap to me. 

Update: not surprised but Adrian is now completely ignoring me. No response to my emails in the last 5 days. This is effectively saying “I am happy to send you kit that doesn’t work, not interested in honouring the warranty” after all he has my money.

I’m now going to brush this under the carpet & move on. I’m only writing this to warn other people, so they don’t get burned like I & many others have. 

One step forward and 1 step back

I took The Linear Solution Company DB-7 to get the power issue resolved by an electronics expert. This was quickly resolved, which was great news, however the electronics expert pointed out the DB-7 has 3 OXCO master clocks, and I said yes, I was sold to me on the basis it had 3 OCXO masterclock module (Chipset/Ethernet/USB). To my disbelief he said there is only two of the master clocks actually connect to the the motherboard. You can see the photo showing the 3 OCXO module, one on the right and left is clearly connected to the MB, but the one in the middle is not connected to anything, also there is a connector broken, which might explain a few things. 

I have been in contact with Adrian back and forward, I have asked him 4 times now about the middle OCXO clock not being connected to anything. he is avoiding the question by giving strange responses. 

Here is Adrian's various responses

1) - First off, your DS-7 has 3 OCXO master clock installed. So base on your attached picture is not OCXO module. (seems not accepting the photo I sent him was from his machine)

2) - Yes, this picture show all clock, last one for chipset.

3) - I’m more confused either, our OCXO doesn’t have pin out at all. 

4) - Then no response when I push for an answer to why the middle OCXO is not connected to anything. 

He's my Theory!! He knows exactly what I am saying and refusing to admit the middle OXCO is not connected to anything. I think he found the connector on the middle OCXO was broken so thought he could send me the DB-7 and i wouldn't notice at all, well he was wrong. 

This machine was sold to me on the basis it has 3 OCXO clocks but clearly only has two. 

He did say it's under warranty and should return if any issues, sorry, but the lack of trust I now have for Adrian I would be too scared to send this back, as I suspect I would never see it again. 

I have reported this out of specification to my credit card company, really been mis-sold an item. They will take up with Adrian I am sure in due course. 

There is one things selling low quality items, which I need to accept I played a part in this by taking the risk. What I cannot accept is actually been sold/delivered something that is not even to the specification I paid for. That's just ripping people off. 

IMG_7612.PNG

IMG_7608.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just posting to ensure other people keep seeing these posts. Basically do not buy anything from Adrian "The Linear Solution"

He will take your money

Send you something that is not to spec or does not work

He'll ignore emails

Then agree to take it back under warranty

You'll send it back and never see it again......

Simply don't buy anything

I do think the owners of this site should remove any reviews that give positive feedback of any of his products. To be honest I still don't understand why they are still on this site. 

Anyone who has lost money or having difficulty contact me and I will send you his address. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Fredm

Simple answer is no, I didn’t send it back, why? Two fold! Scared I wouldn’t receive it back, & even if I did, I would still have a machine that is so poorly build & sounds poor. 

Fidelity Audio in UK can fix for me, but they commented how poor quality the build & oxco clocks are. I’ve come to the conclusion all I have for my money is a $700 NUC. I really want rid of it to be honest, every time I see it, I get annoyed. 

Planning on 7 rail Sean Jacobs LPS for my server, & Innuos USB reclocker. 

Did you manage to resolve your problems?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No amount of refunds can redeem this business. Let’s be 100% clear here, TLS did not choose to give the refund. Paypal refunded this as part of there T&C’s. I’m sure Paypal now chasing TLS.

People who paid outside payment methods like Paypal or credit card will probably receive nothing. Unfortunately! 

So stay clear. You’ve been warned. 

I hope to meet Adrain at a hifi show!