IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

• 8 months later...

I think everybody was right that the China trade war has screw up Andrian import plan. Thats why he is delivering from Canada. Also explains why he has no control over the products. However, this is no excuse for the performance of TLS and quality of the one server ricones has received.

How was the sound by the way, @Ricones??

• 4 weeks later...

I received the server with newest build NUC i7. Needless to say it was an shitty products from TLS. Bad build quality. Cheap components. I am seriously pissed to see none of his supporter or even the admin of this site to comment about this.

I would like to warn anyone to stay away from Thelinearsolution or risk losing money. 

I hope this site would ban anything relate to this company and the owner.

This is the shitty PSU and Server that were delivered to me. The PSU is not working and can see one of the capacitor has been broken out of place. The server using shitty wire and parts for componenst.

Not that i am blaming my own naive on others but I am still amazed that none of the site admin has spoken on these matter. Even well known figure who supposedly did testing for TLS are now silent. It seems all these site want is traffic and monthl y paid fee for selling/buying stuff. 

65545725_385576355411338_2809376342112468992_n.jpg

65859542_633902413803261_4078161843728678912_n.jpg

8 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Agreed. For the record, the gear I've bought (OCXO Switch) or evaluated (OCXO router, DS-1 streamer) from TLS have all worked as specified. Not sure what has caused this troubling shift.

Referencing him now. @allaboutacoustic

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's generally not our role to call our manufacturers on issues like this because we don't have the direct issue. Meaning, we haven't been ripped off and we are only left with the he said / she said business. This is where our forum is invaluable. People can express their opinion freely and let others know what's going on. 

We were not aware of any issues at the time of the review. We do our due diligence because it's bad for business if we don't. If we review stuff and give it a stamp of approval, we have our reputation on the line. That said, situations change with manufacturers. Perhaps this one has gone to the dark side.

Has anyone given him a link to this thread? Would be great to get him to comment. 

Do you guys honestly think he does not read this?? 

1 hour ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

Something is truly amiss with this story....not saying anyone is lying or anything like that. 

I am just saying that the two TLS Reference Ones I have a truly fantastic sounding.  Maybe a little DIY looking.  I know a power supply is a long way from a $9K server.

By the looks of the inside of the latest server attempts, it almost seems like he has hired people in China to try to build these servers and his plan is just collapsing around him. 

I assume he is in deep financially to all the projects that are on the books and backed up.  I am assuming that Adrian is not going to be able to pull out of this mess.  I don't want to damn a guy or say he is a bad person that is purposefully screwing over people.   I think that damning and speculations to his intents are nothing but gossip and chatter.  Emotions run high in these situations.  Dreams shitted on and such...

I wish the community here was strong and evolved enough to support someone that probably had good intentions but shite just got out of control.  I would implore Adrian to come on here and get real with everyone about his situation.  People are very forgiving when honesty becomes your guide.  Or at least get real with the people who you owe a shite ton of money to on an individual basis.  He is probably in more hell than any of you who are out money....ego and the very public slow disintegration of a business.   If the business has to fold, do it with grace and walking upright.

I am not making excuses or anything and I would be totally pissed about the situation if it were my money.   I have had similar issues with car projects. 

I enjoyed talking to Adrian back when had was working on the software and dreaming of his new server.  The big thread came along and made heroes of a few companies for a moment.  Then the unstoppable progress for SQ pushed the heroes out of the way and the next champions lined up.  I bet lots of companies have changed direction because of the findings in the big thread.  I mean look how many people have cycled through various high end servers and now for half the price have what they consider better with simple NUC implementations.  And the progress continues.  Hard to build a business off the fleeting moments of what others consider the best way to do things...for that moment.  Funny now many are now back around to single box solutions. 

But with harsh words and accusations, I don't think he would be anything but beaten up unless he was 100% honest with the forum..  Ho, hum......kinda hurts my gut just reading this saga.  Maybe I am too empathetic and compassionate for the hurt....on both sides of this mess.    I just can't believe Adrian is anything but overwhelm and hurting in this situation....not conniving and malevolent. 

Please don't construe anything I said as judgement against people's reactions here.  You have good reason.  It is just a painful thread to have to see on many levels.

Good luck to all. 

You should read some of his excuse in the 1 year wait leading to product delivery. They are: " testing transformer, everything looks good but the clock is not on spec, we currently have snow in Seattle so everyone stopped working, transformers received but testing again, more testing, more delay. "

No honest individual would be able to come up with so much bullshit to delay for a 9k product fully paid from June last year. Stop the empathetic story line. Andrian needs to get his ass kicked out of the community for good. I bet he even changed his name if TLS go under.