IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

Sounds like this hometown company might be adding “Labs” to their name soon.... (think LH and Welbourne). Sorry for your experience so far. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 1 month later...

Wow. I remember seeing TLS when it first started out and thinking, 'cool, my hometown,' and 'run away far and fast' all in the same breath. English as a second language typos, vague, most likely photoshopped images, no actual contact or business info beyond an email contact form. All promised to be the 'best.' Are you guys sure he even lives in Seattle? Seems like maybe a Chinese shell to me using our trendy town as a marketing ploy. The snow this year was big enough to warrant international news - easy enough for him to use an excuse (for what and why though is another matter). Anyone have an actual address or has it all been PO boxes? 

A bait and switch (or should I say 'switch' and then switch). Easy enough to take a $19.99 switch and solder a few caps and a clock on it, make a small circuit board, and then charge 10-15X more.  Easy work to make look clean because most of it was done in a factory. Harder to build a server or power supply from scratch (though honestly, give me $9k and a few months and I could do better than that, with almost zero experience). Perhaps he could put a see through top on it and call it the ' Mad Max' model? I'll bet most of those parts cheap fakes as well. 

I do feel bad for anyone taken by this company (TLS/LHL=SOL) but it also raises the question: what exactly kind of fantastical audio fairy dust are these guys offering? If I had that kind of $ to spend on a server (!), I'd certainly go with an established trusted company. And if the secret sauce is supposedly in the TLS OS, then they should just be selling that instead of trying to scam people with back alley hardware (seriously reminds me of a lot of the infrastructure I've seen in SE Asia).

I have a feeling no-one will be hearing from these guys again. @christopher: not sure how you can defend this guy, but I also note you have one of his products you want to unload (good luck with that). I think most of us don't throw our money away just because somebody's a 'nice guy.' 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Well, at least we know now he's not a Seattle-ite. Redmond and Bellevue are cities on the Eastside (where Microsoft and other tech reside). Big difference. ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Resale value? You've got to be joking? External PSU cable causes dropouts? He's got to be kidding. 

The problem is, once one throws this kind of $ at a fly by night company, one pretty much has to live with what they got. How long will TLS even  be around for warranty service? One might be better off buying all the pieces and then finding some high school kid to bang them together for a few hundred dollars. 

Crazy hobby this is... sorry for your pain, and also thanks for letting others know to steer clear. Hope you can at least get it working stable. 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, kennyb123 said:

I’m hoping you meant that in a positive way.  😊

It's all good. You'd have to have grown up here to get my joke about the east/west "rivalry" (maybe you did). 

• 7 months later...

I would imagine he's ripping off somebody else in order to get you the refund. Glad you got yours, but this guy should get shut down, period.