IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

• 4 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, ASRMichael said:

One step forward and 1 step back

I took The Linear Solution Company DB-7 to get the power issue resolved by an electronics expert. This was quickly resolved, which was great news, however the electronics expert pointed out the DB-7 has 3 OXCO master clocks, and I said yes, I was sold to me on the basis it had 3 OCXO masterclock module (Chipset/Ethernet/USB). To my disbelief he said there is only two of the master clocks actually connect to the the motherboard. You can see the photo showing the 3 OCXO module, one on the right and left is clearly connected to the MB, but the one in the middle is not connected to anything, also there is a connector broken, which might explain a few things. 

I have been in contact with Adrian back and forward, I have asked him 4 times now about the middle OCXO clock not being connected to anything. he is avoiding the question by giving strange responses. 

Here is Adrian's various responses

1) - First off, your DS-7 has 3 OCXO master clock installed. So base on your attached picture is not OCXO module. (seems not accepting the photo I sent him was from his machine)

2) - Yes, this picture show all clock, last one for chipset.

3) - I’m more confused either, our OCXO doesn’t have pin out at all. 

4) - Then no response when I push for an answer to why the middle OCXO is not connected to anything. 

He's my Theory!! He knows exactly what I am saying and refusing to admit the middle OXCO is not connected to anything. I think he found the connector on the middle OCXO was broken so thought he could send me the DB-7 and i wouldn't notice at all, well he was wrong. 

This machine was sold to me on the basis it has 3 OCXO clocks but clearly only has two. 

He did say it's under warranty and should return if any issues, sorry, but the lack of trust I now have for Adrian I would be too scared to send this back, as I suspect I would never see it again. 

I have reported this out of specification to my credit card company, really been mis-sold an item. They will take up with Adrian I am sure in due course. 

There is one things selling low quality items, which I need to accept I played a part in this by taking the risk. What I cannot accept is actually been sold/delivered something that is not even to the specification I paid for. That's just ripping people off. 

IMG_7612.PNG

IMG_7608.jpg

The add on clocks are a joke... By the time the signal has travelled down a single ended wire with no return path it will be crap. A total bodge job... In fact an excellent example of how not to add a clock to some electronics.