IGNORED

TLS THE ONE Server

@Doh I posted this on another thread that @ASRMichael started, but I'll post it here to consolidate experiences:

@ASRMichael I will second your warning to anyone who is thinking of buying anything from Adrian or The Linear Solution.

Originally I was set on acquiring a Sean Jacobs PSU and had been finalizing negotiations with him (great guy to deal with) after the usual delays in communication with Paul Hynes, when another forum member here convinced me to go with TLS for their "Reference One" PSU which was supposed to be a SR7 killer (or at least similar in quality for a significantly shorter wait). This has been the biggest mistake of my audiophile career. 

I was also convinced by Austinpop's review of the DS-1 streamer to purchase the same DB-7 streamer that @ASRMichael ended up with. I ended up paying Adrian $5500 around November of 2018 for the DB-7 and the Ref One PSU.

After a few months, I decided to go my own route to build the 7i7DNBE streamer with clocks from SOTM, and asked Adrian to switch the funds to a second Ref One PSU. He was agreeable with that.

Everything went downhill after that. The PSU went through several iterations (as we were beta testers/guinea pigs) - he was charging SR7 prices for a PSU that he hadn't even fully developed. From my end, I did not receive a PSU until October of 2019, about 1 year after I paid him the cash. I only received one of two units. To Adrian's credit, the Ref One PSU that arrived did work, and it was somewhat better in quality that the HDPlex 100W unit I was using up to that time (not a challenging mark to hit). But it was not a huge leap forward; as I do not have an SR7 I could not compare, but I doubt it was at the same level.

At that point, I decided to cut my losses and asked him for a refund. Every time a refund was mentioned, this resulted in email silence from Adrian. It's now the end of Jan 2020, 1 year and 3 months after I paid $5500 and he has stopped responding to my emails. 

I would steer well clear of anything having to do with TLS/The Linear Solution or Adrian Wun in any of his subsequent ventures.