Jump to content
The Computer Audiophile

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

There is also upmpdcli, but as the "cli" indicates, it uses a command line interface rather than a GUI. 


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonileung said:

Thanks Jud. However I need windows-based since my DAC only accepts DSD512 on it.

 

I use a microRendu and stream to it at DSD512 from Windows.  So there's that option, but $.

 

Edit: Actually, I have streamed from Windows at DSD512 to an Asus mini-PC running Linux and upmpdcli.  I thought the microRendu sounded better.  Many folks like NUCs for this.


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, Jud said:

There is also upmpdcli, but as the "cli" indicates, it uses a command line interface rather than a GUI. 

??

 

upmpdcli is derived from UPnP renderer mpd client, ie, it's a UPnP renderer front-end (mpd) client application for the popular mpd (server side) audio file playing application - so nothing to do with command line interfaces!

 

Like any UPnP renderer, it can be controlled by any application that has a UPnP control point, so including those that also come with a GUI like Audirvana +.


We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

??

 

upmpdcli is derived from UPnP renderer mpd client, ie, it's a UPnP renderer front-end (mpd) client application for the popular mpd (server side) audio file playing application - so nothing to do with command line interfaces!

 

Like any UPnP renderer, it can be controlled by any application that has a UPnP control point, so including those that also come with a GUI like Audirvana +.

 

Oh! 😬 You know what happens when you (or I in this case) assume!

 

But changes to upmpdcli's configuration and reports of its operation and errors are ordinarily via command line (though the developer now has a rudimentary GUI available for configuration).  Certainly GUI programs can make use of its capabilities, just as with mpd.


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, euphonite said:

Just had an update to ver 1.3.7.  Anyone know what changes in this update?

 

From https://audirvana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1860 :

 

Release 1.3.7(1063)

- Database maintenance commands (bottom of general settings page)

- Local artists view: filter by artist kind

- Fix volume slider

- Stability and UI fixes


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

De nada.  :) 


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jud said:

 

Oh! 😬 You know what happens when you (or I in this case) assume!

 

But changes to upmpdcli's configuration and reports of its operation and errors are ordinarily via command line (though the developer now has a rudimentary GUI available for configuration).  Certainly GUI programs can make use of its capabilities, just as with mpd.

 

Ok, I see what your getting at: you're referring to whatever Linux shell CLI you are using to edit upmpdcli's configuration file, read its error log file, etc!

 

That's not really upmpdcli's own CLI - it has no user interface, no CLI, no GUI, nada. Changes to its configuration are done offline and upmpdcli needs to restarted for it to read that configuration file and therefore take on board any changes. So the rudimentary GUI you are referring is for an application that edits upmdpcli's configuration file, not a GUI for upmpdcli itself.


We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

 

Ok, I see what your getting at: you're referring to whatever Linux shell CLI you are using to edit upmpdcli's configuration file, read its error log file, etc!

 

That's not really upmpdcli's own CLI - it has no user interface, no CLI, no GUI, nada. Changes to its configuration are done offline and upmpdcli needs to restarted for it to read that configuration file and therefore take on board any changes. So the rudimentary GUI you are referring is for an application that edits upmdpcli's configuration file, not a GUI for upmpdcli itself.

 

That's fine, but we're now getting a little picky I think. There are multitudes of "cli" programs that answer to the same description you gave of upmpdcli.  And the "rudimentary configuration GUI" application is done by upmpdcli's developer specifically for that purpose. So one can call it "a GUI application that edits upmpdcli's configuration file," or you can just call it "upmpdcli GUI config," and you know what I'm talking about either way.

 

What I thought mattered for the original response I gave is that some people aren't familiar with and don't want to become familiar with the Linux shell CLI, so I figured I would note that this could be involved in installing, configuring and running upmpdcli.

 

 


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough, sorry about that.

 

Your original response got me a bit fixated on it seeming to imply that upmpdcli had some sort of CLI so somehow made it different to how other UPnP renderers are controlled via GUIs, so I missed its simple intended purpose of it being a (potentially tricky) Linux command line application!

 


We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a bit fixated? No, none of us ever do that! 😜


One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, A+ -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> Ghent JSSG360 USB cable -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC ->

Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...