IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

I had reported this earlier and it is still happening. Status bar shows ether 100% or 0%...no progression while a song is playing.

Here it is at 0% and around 40% into the song.

zq45myj.jpg

Other issue I have is that in this view the album art is so dark it is very hard to see. Not sure if it supposed to be like this or not but I feel it should be more visible. 

5wkO05j.jpg

In this view, the middle one with the "sound" icon is also dark and looks odd....just being a dark square. Not sure if this is also intentional.

ysRCKus.jpg

On 7/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, Evo-No-Revo said:

I have no need for Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows but decided for the fun of it to download and see how it sounds...  

I hope they get this working better with Windows than JRiver has done with OSX..

Found this thread last night and downloaded the latest version.  Did some poking around on the A+ forum and decided to try an install.  Same as handing over a music file to be critically examined.  Any new program is going to be torn apart before attempting to listen to it.  First impression was how well the iOS mentality ported over without even needing to try this program in that ecosystem.  Upon reading through this thread from the start this morning I can see why others were supportive of the effort.  I did promptly shut down my browser and uninstall it after reading the quoted poster's poison apple experience on his new computer.  Then returned to finish reading.

From an end user standpoint, one effectively split four ways in the phone/tablet and computer market (plus Linux), I could ask anyone of almost any age to pull up and play a given track buried deep in the catalog without concern.  Not always so much with the other audiophile approved W10 player software.  I'm talking about the interface and elegant background problem solving that conspires to show an outward smile (hopefully not the W10 BSOD smiley).  Windows can't hide it's machine-like nature no matter how many skins a program has.

Though this was uninstalled within 12 hours I have no intent to erase the exe.  It is the very fact so much is missing that makes it so attractive.  What does work does so very well.  That this program can retain it's touch of humanity and continue to evolve under Windows is laughable to me.  Going to reinstall this on a laptop with fresh copy of W10 to more fully evaluate whether this is worth the purchase price to me. 

@damien78 Please accept my profuse thanks for bringing such a rarity into the Windows ecosystem.  This could not have been an easy task and you have thus far succeeded.  

Happy with Audirvana+ 3 for Windows so far. I used it to upsample everything to DSD256 into a network UpNP MPD (Linux) renderer, and the sound is gorgeous.

Curious to try JPLAY FEMTO, another UPnP solution, I set up another (Windows) renderer with it, to take the place of MPD.

This appears to work well with PCM files, however DSD files get stuck in Audirvana and never leave the 0:00 time. Also, with DSD material the JPLAY FEMTO settings on the renderer immediately crash, and I have to restart the machine.

From JPLAY support I understand that this is a known problem and that they are in contact with Damien about this.

Any info on progress on this would be appreciated! It might well be a winning combination...

audio system

Greetings, can I ask , I bought audirivana for my windows 10 alienware 15 r3, and I have an external WD 8 Terra hard drive that I connect to my windows 10 laptop, and audiravan keeps crashing when it scans it . I tired 10 times and no success, while when i installed roon it easily scanned the whole drive. Since I already bought the audirivana I do not want to buy roon just because of this auriravna bug in scanning my external hard drive, please help what to do. To be honest this is a deal breaker for me, and if that does not get resolved I wish to get a refund for buying something that simply can not scan an 8 Terra external hard drive 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Polimich said:

Hi, I'm a new user of audirvana (I currently use jriver) and I have two question:

- Why the library scan and synching  every time that I start the app?

- How can I see the folder structure of library?

Sorry for my bad english.

1. Folder monitoring feature on Windows is unable to tell what has been changed when Audirvana Plus is not launched.

That's why Audirvana Plus makes a quick scan each time it is launched, unless you unselect this option in the Library section of the preferences.

2. There is no tree view, though you can show the file location column in the Tracks view, and then sort by location:

For this, right click on the header row in the tracks list view, then select file location in the menu that appears

In the preferences page, bottom, select file location as first sort criteria

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, Screwdriver said:

I know they are working on it......Once they do, I will phase out JRiver.....

Working at the moment  on VST 3 plugins host feature :)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

3 hours ago, hykhleif said:

Greetings, can I ask , I bought audirivana for my windows 10 alienware 15 r3, and I have an external WD 8 Terra hard drive that I connect to my windows 10 laptop, and audiravan keeps crashing when it scans it . I tired 10 times and no success, while when i installed roon it easily scanned the whole drive. Since I already bought the audirivana I do not want to buy roon just because of this auriravna bug in scanning my external hard drive, please help what to do. To be honest this is a deal breaker for me, and if that does not get resolved I wish to get a refund for buying something that simply can not scan an 8 Terra external hard drive 

There is an issue with some damaged audio files that cause this infinite loop issue.

I've got such a damaged flac file from a user, and having reproduced this issue, I'm now working on a fix.

4 minutes ago, damien78 said:

There is an issue with some damaged audio files that cause this infinite loop issue.

I've got such a damaged flac file from a user, and having reproduced this issue, I'm now working on a fix.

can u plz tell me how long this fix will take, as i really am in limo what to do now, as there is no way for me to know which file causes this issue among the big library i have

4 minutes ago, hykhleif said:

can u plz tell me how long this fix will take, as i really am in limo what to do now, as there is no way for me to know which file causes this issue among the big library i have

As usual when reproduced: no more than a day or two.

You can now restart Audirvana Plus to get the update to version 1.2.8 that now simply ignores such damaged FLAC file.

To see all the albums of an artist, you can either use the "Artists" tab when "Library" is selected on the left, or click on an artist name anywhere (as it is also a hyperlink to show the artist's albums).

Damien

53 minutes ago, rando said:

@hykhleif Checking for correct metadata couldn't hurt if you are missing things you know should be included.

A+ has been very stable on my Windows laptop.  Long buried memories of software and drivers on a Dell and iTunes on Windows combined to trigger a very cautious response.  :)

greetings

i updated and still the same thing, I attached the dump file so you can look at, could it be that I have malware hidden in my library

AudirvanaPlus.dmp

if its a hidden malware or something how on earth can find it, as I have tons of music folders. I ran antivirus and does not find anything. But how come roon scanned it without a problem at all

42 minutes ago, rando said:

Sorry I can't personally be of help. 

@damien78 might be able to see something. 

You could also try being proactive and only point A+ at segments of your library to eliminate potential sources for the issue you are having. 

now that is  possible to do, this can take endless days  to do that and I have no time to waste on such task

I do not know if this will be fixed or not, but if not really its a huge bummer, since roon could scan my drive without issues I would expect A+ to do the same, that is why I bought the A+ to enjoy a good user experience, and not to start fiddling with countless hours of how to scan my folders. Anyway am I happy, not at all

18 hours ago, hykhleif said:

greetings

i updated and still the same thing, I attached the dump file so you can look at, could it be that I have malware hidden in my library

AudirvanaPlus.dmp

if its a hidden malware or something how on earth can find it, as I have tons of music folders. I ran antivirus and does not find anything. But how come roon scanned it without a problem at all

Thanks for the minidump file.

This enabled me to find the issue is with a file referenced by a Cue Sheet that has a sample rate of 0.

It is now fixed. I'll issue the update this evening.

FYI, if needed in the future, a fast way to find a culprit file is to search by halving each time: try to sync the first half of your folders. If it fails there, then try with the first half of this first half, otherwise with the first half of the second half, … halving each time the number of tested folders.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

And done, you can restart Audirvana Plus to get the update to 1.2.9

thanks I will I will try and report back

I adore the sound quality i get from A+ and I really hope this will fix it

I will report back, thanks so much for your kind help

Can I ask for a huge favor, can you make my the size of the letters to be bigger and in a different color, as its difficult to see the of th letters