IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

On 6/1/2018 at 4:41 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

As the title says and per the request of the CA Community, here's the official A+ topic for Windows. 

Sorry Chris,

I see no reason for creating "official threads" even when some members are asking for.

We have now double threads for Audirvana for Mac and double threads for Audirvana for Windows which does not make sense at all.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 hour ago, matthias said:

Sorry Chris,

I see no reason for creating "official threads" even when some members are asking for.

We have now double threads for Audirvana for Mac and double threads for Audirvana for Windows which does not make sense at all.

Matt

It's created, but you don't have to use it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

It's created, but you don't have to use it.

That is not the point.

In the end you could have for any existing thread an "official thread".

Every member on this forum can create a new thread.

When we have an existing thread, why should Chris create an additional "official thread"?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

35 minutes ago, matthias said:

That is not the point.

In the end you could have for any existing thread an "official thread".

Every member on this forum can create a new thread.

When we have an existing thread, why should Chris create an additional "official thread"?

Matt

Ah - Because in the past for A+ on Mac, there have tended to be multiple threads on the same topic, and people complained they sometimes had to search all these multiple threads to find what they wanted.  So it was done by request in order for forum members to know the one thread to go to.  We are thinking A+ on Windows will be sufficiently different to merit its own thread.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

This is a repost from the unofficial thread. Hope it catches @damien78's attention better :)

--
Can't wait to try this out via A+ soon as I have not been using a Preamp for a long time, just relying on the preamp section of my DACs.

There are also some great DACs without volume control, so Leedh digital volume will give the digital only systems more options to choose from when hunting for better DACs.

@damien78, would you be kind enough to confirm if Leedh Processing will be included in both Mac and Win versions of A+?
Merci.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

The answer of course is always "When it's ready," and the prediction business, even by Damien himself, is a hazardous one!  :)

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, matthias said:

Jud,

like you I do not want multiple threads on the same topic.

Now we have a thread "Audirvana for Windows" created by @bhobba.

Do you really want to go for multiple threads with creating an additional "official thread" on the SAME topic?

Is it the official wish to post in the "official thread" only?

Why is @bhobbas thread not good enough for this topic?

I hope you understand my point.

Matt

Yeah agreed the @bhobba thread pre-dates this and already has posts worth reading.

Chris I'd suggest closing this before we have a muddle of partial info on each and make the @bhobba thread the 'official' one - is that possible?

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

Good news @damien78... Happy to participate in beta testing of the MAC version when it's available.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

@damien78 I can't install the A+ Windows beta.  I sent you the log in a PM on CA.  I can't use PM on the A+ forum because I just registered and I haven't posted anything yet.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Screen shots, navigation and short SQ review of Audirvana + for Windows at Phile Web

Couple of worthy notes:

It is noteworthy that the first Windows version has realized the same sound quality as the conventional Mac version. 

First, compare it with "Windows JRiver Media Center 24", one of Windows's standard playback software. I played track 3 "LOVE" from Diana Krall "Turn Up the Quiet" (192 kHz / 24 bit FLAC). For tone balance, Audirvana Plus faithful to the original sound, JRiver tends to rise high and low. Especially the facial expression of the snare drum is very different, JRiver feels a bit flashy texture. Both upper and lower f ranges are comparable, but Audirvana Plus outperforms the depth of the sound stage and the reality of vocals.

Hijikata Hijikata

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

23 hours ago, rickca said:

@damien78 I can't install the A+ Windows beta.  I sent you the log in a PM on CA.  I can't use PM on the A+ forum because I just registered and I haven't posted anything yet.

When I try to install the A+ beta I get

Cannot continue.  The application is improperly formatted.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

11 minutes ago, rickca said:

When I try to install the A+ beta I get

Cannot continue.  The application is improperly formatted.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Haven't had that problem.  Did you make sure the two required runtime libraries were installed before attempting the A+ Win Beta install? 

8 minutes ago, bmoura said:

Haven't had that problem.  Did you make sure the two required runtime libraries were installed before attempting the A+ Win Beta install? 

Yes, I have .Net 4.7.1 and the required Visual C++ runtime and I rebooted.