IGNORED

Just ordered a balanced cable for my HD800, am I wasting my money?

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

ok, I guess HD800 is a headphone

proof that I'm not a headphoner

hey - who wants my Beats!??

The source impedance is less than 300 ohms, by nature hf noise doesn’t wander to this range. 

Balanced drive to headphones advantage is a higher voltage level, standard XLR can drive, but the cabling in this instance is often at the rear of equipment, awkward to plug in and the other end at the headphones are hardly standardised.

Separation, distortion, tone and SQ delivery is at the mercy of the amp and how it controls the headphones as well as limitations of any speaker like device.

I don’t want your fictitious Beats.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Curious what was posted here, the HD800S box was found in the garage and inside the original Sennheiser balanced cables fitted with an XLR4 connector. Took a some effort to remove the existing SE plugs and cable as they are on really FT. Unfortunately, a system configuration change meant the comparison of the balanced cables couldn't really be tested, suffice to say what I was hearing I won't bother changing back to the SE cabling for the HD800S. Just thinking about removing the plugs is enough incentive not to do so!

image.jpeg.14f566d923380ceeb02ad2cf1a25f3a3.jpegPlug connections generic

image.thumb.png.67968bf57c618ceb9aad435607fb9bee.pngSennheiser original cable suits HD800, HD800S, HD820. About 3m.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA