IGNORED

PSA - how to directly connect NAA to HQP without bridging in Windows

On 6/4/2018 at 2:00 PM, Sevenfeet said:

But I've worked for two different well known technology companies over the last two decades.  I've worked intimately on data networks since college.  And I'm pretty comfortable in my earlier thesis.  My point was say, stop spending your valuable time, energy and especially hard earned money (since it's completely moot) and worry about something else.

And during your employment in network technology over the last two decades, how often would you listen to the data for its sound quality?

Nothing personal but, IMO, all you are doing is repeating the "bits are bits" argument that has been debated ad nauseum on this forum. Based on my own experience, I have to disagree rather strongly with those who insist that all USB cables sound the same, and that investing in better cables is spending money on snake oil.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

38 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

But I draw the line at things I know to be untrue based on my training.

And therein lies the problem. It assumes that you know everything there is to know. Hence the quote in my signature that Albert Einstein would share with his students. Bye. :)

Einstein.jpg

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

12 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

But I'm very comfortable in my knowledge of the past 40 years of data transport technology.

And therein lies the problem. The subject is audio and the enjoyment of music. I'm done. :)