IGNORED

How To Cope If Tidal Does Go Under?

I own all of my music but I do enjoy streaming and discovering new music. If I like it, I buy it either via a download or some other medium.  Yep I will miss Tidal should it tank, but there is nothing I can do about its sorry management or how they cook their books..

The Truth Is Out There

7 minutes ago, PeterG said:

I'm not saying the label guys are the salt of the earth, but you have a funny way of thinking about who's "offering margin".  With Spotify's free service, there is zero margin, and that's on Spotify.  But even with the paid service, for less per month than we used to pay for a single CD, you can have the world's largest record collection.  Once again, Spotify and the others have set these prices, not the labels.  True the labels have demanded a healthy percentage of the fee, but it is WAY less than they were getting when the primary distribution was CD and/or vinyl sales.  As the Silicon Valley guys happily boast, they have disrupted the music business.

But if the artist do not get paid, or make any money while making music, why would they even consider staying in the business.  After all NO music by artist equals NO labels to support the artist. Then its a repeat of playing old tunes forever that the labels maintain. 

The Truth Is Out There

12 minutes ago, left channel said:

Right now I'd bet more money on Sprint buying the rest of the company. And then running it into the ground.

I would bet not as right now Sprint is more worried about getting their merger with T-Mobile through the courts and approval from the regulators, than streaming music.  If that merger does happen,  T-Mobile CEO John Legere, will head the merged company, and he might feel a little different about supporting a losing streaming company,

The Truth Is Out There