IGNORED

Problem with LMS Server

I am using microRendu (version 2.6) and Squeezelite/Logitech Media Server (version 7.9.1) to stream TIDAL (HiFi) to my Peachtree DAC with iPeng on my iPad as my easy-to-use album/track selector. I do not have any local content - all I want is TIDAL.

This setup has worked flawlessly for the past several months; but yesterday, a major problem was caused by mySqueezebox.

For some reason, my Username/Password combination is causing the LMS to abort, and I get the following error message: "An unexpected error occurred while validating your squeezebox account... ".

The LMS Diagnostic screen shows OK for Port 3483 (slimproto), Port 9000 (HTTP) and Port 9090 (CLI), before attempting to use my user name/password to press the "Apply" and "OK" buttons on the LMS screen. After I hit OK, the app aborts.

Here is what I have tried several times during the past hours... all to no avail.

1. reinstall LMS.

2. rebooting my Windows 10 (64bit) PC, running LMS.

3. "restoring" my PC to a previous restore point befor the problem occurred.

4. using my web browser to sign in to mysqueezebox.com - no problem

5. Installing LMS on a Windows XP Pro laptop - same result.

6. tried umpteen various suggestions involving Windows registration settings and other (for me) incomprehensive computer nerd fixes. Since I am just an end user with only rudimentary PC skills - I am now completely at my wits end as to how to get this problem identified and fixed.

I wish I could just eliminate the need for LMS to contact mysqueezebox in order to stream TIDAL in HiFi mode, using my microRendu and Squeezelite.

If anyone on this forum can help me, I would be most grateful.

Update:

While waiting for a solution, I have “re-activated” my old Logitech Touch, which has no problem signing in to mysqueezebox.com and showing as a Player. 

But it sounds like s*** compared to my microRendu ?

From your computer or mobile device open Kazoo and select the Room with the "OH" in the name and you should now see Tidal in Kazoo. On first use you will need to enter your Tidal Account information

I did install Kazoo, but I do not see “the Room with the “OH in the name” or any Room - so I don’t see Tidal in Kazoo ?. All I can listen to are a couple of Linn Podcasts...

It turned into a dead end. Unless you have a Linn Product installed, you can not add TIDAL in the ”Konfig” app.

Just when I was about to give up, I discovered that the LUMIN app will control TIDAL and pass the HiFi streams to microRendu perfectly. I am back in Audio Nirvana ? Screw Logitech’s  mysonicorbiter 

38 minutes ago, CVJ said:

I am using microRendu (version 2.6) and Squeezelite/Logitech Media Server (version 7.9.1) to stream TIDAL (HiFi) to my Peachtree DAC with iPeng on my iPad as my easy-to-use album/track selector. I do not have any local content - all I want is TIDAL.

This setup has worked flawlessly for the past several months; but yesterday, a major problem was caused by mySqueezebox.

For some reason, my Username/Password combination is causing the LMS to abort, and I get the following error message: "An unexpected error occurred while validating your squeezebox account... ".

The LMS Diagnostic screen shows OK for Port 3483 (slimproto), Port 9000 (HTTP) and Port 9090 (CLI), before attempting to use my user name/password to press the "Apply" and "OK" buttons on the LMS screen. After I hit OK, the app aborts.

Here is what I have tried several times during the past hours... all to no avail.

1. reinstall LMS.

2. rebooting my Windows 10 (64bit) PC, running LMS.

3. "restoring" my PC to a previous restore point befor the problem occurred.

4. using my web browser to sign in to mysqueezebox.com - no problem

5. Installing LMS on a Windows XP Pro laptop - same result.

6. tried umpteen various suggestions involving Windows registration settings and other (for me) incomprehensive computer nerd fixes. Since I am just an end user with only rudimentary PC skills - I am now completely at my wits end as to how to get this problem identified and fixed.

I wish I could just eliminate the need for LMS to contact mysqueezebox in order to stream TIDAL in HiFi mode, using my microRendu and Squeezelite.

If anyone on this forum can help me, I would be most grateful.

I can ask Andrew if there is something he knows that can help. In the meantime, this might be worth looking into:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/