IGNORED

How can this influence SQ?

@Juergen: As I say I wasn't 100% sure what you were meaning: E-Mu isn't a company I'm especially familiar with - to be honest they are of little interest at they don't support Mac OS X (afaik). Acroding to their website / home page Windows 7 drivers are available as Beta versions.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Juergen, feel free to make any excursion you like... I'm sure anyone reading this thread would be interested to know about your experiences with E-MU gear.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

• 4 weeks later...

"The cynical side of me suggests that [adopting the AES3 standard] was simply so that studios could use the same type of cable (110 Ohm with XLRs) for both digital and analog transmission."

I tried my Kimber KS 2120 AES cable as an analog interconnect. All I got was the faintest (almost silent) signal passing through it!!! If any studios are using this cable, they certainly wouldn't be able to use it for both digital and analog duties...

Can you explain why this cable transmits in the MHz range, but not the KHz range?

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro