IGNORED

Satellite TV music

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread. My query is somewhat related. To my dismay, the audio on Sky's HD programming sounds better than my cd rips to hard drive. Is this possible?

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Bit rates for UK radio stations on satellite (and other transmission medium) are available here -- http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/digital_radio_bit_rates.htm

If you've ripped CDs in a lossless or uncompressed format they should sound better from computer (into a DAC) than via Sky HD. Maybe start a new thread and give details of your setup and someone can help / advise.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I remember seeing a post a few years back - 64Kbps/16bit (Max). I think this would still be in effect today because of:

1. Limited bandwidth.

2. An apathetic audience (It's good enough for the majority of listeners).

PS Audio DirectStream DSD Bridge -> Classe CA-2200 - >B&W 803-D2, Nordost Tyr cabled. Synology NAS, MinimServer, BubbleDS.