IGNORED

Pure Music - What settings are you using

I downloaded the Pure Music demo on Monday and have been trying it out since. Mostly using the memory play function and definately a more resolved, relaxed presentation. What other setting are you using - what works and why? Using mine on a MacBook Pro via usb to a dacmagic although also have a hiface coming and an Audio Note dac waiting to be hooked up.

David

Not sure I know enough about this software in day 2 of use. My memory play is hilited in green and there is a circular meter that says 1570 mb and has lots of colors which doesn't work real well for me as I am color blind. I can tell you the first night I was using it I tried doing other stuff while I was in memory play and my computer froze up with the spinning beachball of death which I am told means my ram is overtaxed (which makes sense with memory play - may need 8 gbs vs current 4) so have been careful to run music only when in memory play. Also don't think the PureMusic will play with streaming music which has to be 50% of my listening so jury is still out on whether the software is a keeper as good as it is sounding. I will try experimenting with other settings such as upsample - think I saw something about nos mode.

You should read the read me file, it explains a lot. Under PM prefs>music server>itunes interaction> play position and remote are turned off and it started working snappier.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz