IGNORED

New Product News: Chord and Audiolab

Okay was a while ago, but there was some interesting products from Chord (electronics) and Audiolab at the recent High End Show in Munich. (Note there is no information yet on either companies websites)

First up, from Chord, new additions to their Chordette line. As many people will know, the existing Chordette line consists of just the Gem DAC with USB and Bluetooth connectivity.

From avguide.com - need to scroll down about half way.

Staying on the (almost) inexpensive side of things, Chord Electronics announced a series of extensions to its popular Chordette Gem DAC. Still featuring Bluetooth connectivity, the company launched headphone amps, preamps, phono stages and power amps in similar bathsponge-sized aluminum chassis abound. Also on the last stages of coming off the drawing board is a dedicated audio/video computer in the same basic chassis. A computer not much bigger than its hard drive will doubtless prove very popular among the Chordette Set.

bluebar1.gif

Well I hope someone is interested in these. The new Audiolab 8200DQ certainly sounds interesting - similar to the Peachtree Nova but requiring a separate Power Amp.

Eloise

PS. Chris - is there any chance of implementing the "center" HTML tag?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

very cool - thanks Chris

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

• 5 months later...

Eloise,

any news on the Audiolab DAC? Will it live up to the hype?

Best regards

André

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)

Not sure when the pure DAC will be available; but the 8200CD (£700 GBP) - which has the same DAC circuitry including 24/96 asynchronous USB input though doesn't have the built in analogue pre-amp - is getting good reviews.

Eloise

Eloise

---

This thread:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83778

should be of interest, as two of the hard- and software-designer contribute a lot of their knowledge and ideas.

The CD-Player/DAC combo should be in the stores around mid december, and the DACs may be ready around the first quarter 2011 - maybe a bit later.

Cheers

Harald

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

thanks for pointing me to that thread... just finished reading all of it. sounds MIGHTY interesting and both the CDQ and DQ could cover what I need. just need to get more actual users comparing, writing up reviews, etc.

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)