IGNORED

USB flash drives vs SSDs and HDDs

2 hours ago, mansr said:

That's why your head is spinning. If it's not working, you need to drink some more.

It's not my head that is spinning .:P

As an Aged Pensioner I can no longer afford the " Affluence of Incahol"

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 9 months later...
On 5/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, Doak said:

Mercury Elite Pro USB w/o outer case (it rings)

WD Black RE4-GP WD2003FYPS 2TB

Noise is slight and inaudible from 3ft or so.

doakDRIVE2.thumb.JPG.3cbfef0928d116cc35480100c7eefd45.JPG

Looking at this photo makes me smile as (although) I don't have any external HDs set-up like this with Herbie's stabilizers and upside down Mapleshade brass cones, - i got them everywhere else,  power supplies, USB to SPDIF converters, digital file players, my espresso machine, the cat.....          ......  Cheers.....

1 hour ago, Albrecht said:

Looking at this photo makes me smile as (although) I don't have any external HDs set-up like this with Herbie's stabilizers and upside down Mapleshade brass cones, - i got them everywhere else,  power supplies, USB to SPDIF converters, digital file players, my espresso machine, the cat.....          ......  Cheers.....

Here’s how things have looked for quite a while.Think I’m at the end of that trail,,, for now anyway. This cheap ($30) plastic drive “box” is better than the metal and is better with just the rubber feet. Still using the WD Blacks ... built like a freaking steam locomotive. It’s powered by a pretty decent 12v Teradak LPSU

ps: SD card transports are REALLY where it’s at. 😉.   A thread on this little gem is upcoming , after I’ve hammered on it a bit more. 

A258B088-A795-44DD-B75F-ADB5EBDFB597.jpeg

45B35073-F44C-439E-90A6-F6B4D491D33C.jpeg