IGNORED

How to manage both AIFF and FLAC in PureVinyl&iTunes environment ?

Dear colleagues,

I have now fully converted to Computer Audio and want to say "bye-bye" to my beloved CD library which was well organized.

Now, I have a dedicated MacMini streaming to the wonderful Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC capable of running HiRez files, which I love.

All my CD's have been ripped as AIFF into the iTunes library and being played back through PureVinyl, which I prefer over iTunes "naked". I use Apple Remote on my iPhone to navigate through the iTunes Lib and this is just comfortable.

What bothers me now is that I have downloaded an increasing number of HiRez FLAC files in 192khZ and I have no clue how I can manage, file and navigate them together with my iTunes library. Does anyone have some good ideas about this ? I can't image being the only "fool" with such a challenge.

I would be extremely grateful for some suggestions :-)

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

Christian

Equipment: Macbook Pro / Amarra, Pure Vinyl / DAC: Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC / Pre: Classé SSP 300 / Amps: Antique Sound Lab Hurricane (Tube-Monos) / Speakers: ELAC FS 609 XPi / Cables: Sun Wire Reference , HMS Gran Finale Jubilee, Audience Powercord / Power: PS Audio Power Plant P5

Just convert the files using XLD or Max and give them to iTunes.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

@Charles: Interesting approach, I would have to check whether Play works together with PureVinyl...I guess with Play I would have to build a file based library sorted to my needs..right ?

@4est: Into what would I have to convert the files ? FLAC to AIFF ? I think then I lose the high resolution ?

Thanks again, all comments are very much appreciated :-)

Cheers

Christian

Equipment: Macbook Pro / Amarra, Pure Vinyl / DAC: Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC / Pre: Classé SSP 300 / Amps: Antique Sound Lab Hurricane (Tube-Monos) / Speakers: ELAC FS 609 XPi / Cables: Sun Wire Reference , HMS Gran Finale Jubilee, Audience Powercord / Power: PS Audio Power Plant P5

Christian,

You can use XLD or Max to convert the FLAC files to AIFF (or Apple Lossless) and keep the high resolution.

You are also correct that Pure Vinyl works with iTunes not with Play.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Eloise,

this sounds very tempting...I like the comfort factor of iTunes although I share Charles' concerns about being very proprietary and closed shop type of thing.

I will test the conversion, thanks to the Berkely DAC I can easily check whether the 192kHz resolution is still there.

Thanks again and best wishes...

Christian

Thanks to all,

it works brilliantly with XLD and I finally got my music files in order...

Cheers

Christian