IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

5 minutes ago, bit01 said:

As for the DC -ve coax: I would try copper rather than copper clad steel, with as thick a wire as possible to minimize ground plane modulation

A good point about copper clad steel !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

@marce - not sure what you want explained. The source is DC but the load/current is fluctuating? Anyway all this is experimental fun and except for our keen ears and audio systems many of us are not setup for scientific investigations.

I made a freaky cable between LPS-1.2 and BluWave board today with the only purpose to see if -Ve & +Ve is slowing down the neutrons speed being close to each other. I used a unshielded tripple ccc wire for +Ve and a slightly longer 75 ohm coax cable with JSSG. The drain wire us a silver plated copper wire that was shorter to ensure that +Ve and -Ve wires was further apart. Here it is! ?

2EBD9933-EF62-47DD-AA76-176C1D2E201C.thumb.jpeg.49056d9420a6e2253d001afaca7f60c6.jpeg523B95A3-471E-41A6-9C0E-0F13B125DA56.thumb.jpeg.7c473a6620e32cbd90b08c825f028439.jpeg

Actually not bad at all. I can hear a slight fog in the treble area, but most of the other things like presence, dynamics, low end bass, air etc are all there. Midrange seems a tiny bit better. It is not better than Supra DAC + 75 ohm coax overall, but it is not that far behind. Certainly worth further experiments in my book. Next up will be to use unshielded wires with distance and perhaps use silver wire for +Ve and tripple ccc copper for -Ve.

🎛️  Audio System  

Since it was a quick one to do I just added the solid core tripple ccc copper cable to -Ve and the silver plated stranded copper wire to +Ve. Ensured dustance between the wires. No shield beats air and distance IME.

8CA914B7-AE4D-4139-844C-5B92D62201DA.thumb.jpeg.226a94be0a64bb4cc8141ed3d7793639.jpegF8E900BC-C000-4CEA-8E97-901DA7616FF1.thumb.jpeg.279d5a01efc4b845d01bd453f4fea0b7.jpeg

Well well! I think I have my winner so far here. Before hitting the big drum I will continue to listen to this cable for a while. Initially it is airier and more detailed in width, depth, highs & lows. A more relaxed and natural sounding cable than Supra DAC + 75 ohm coax so far for sure. Maybe it isn’t as crisp in the treble area as dual Supra DAC, but it surely digs deeper in the low bass region.

Maybe I am imagining things here but after all these rapid cable experiments I get a creepy feeling that the -Ve controls the bass and lower midrange region and +Ve the treble and upper midrange region more than the other? ?

🎛️  Audio System  

To ensure that it was consistant I changed out my Supra DAC + 75 ohm coax to the unshielded tripple ccc solid copper + silver plated stranded copper between dual LS-HPULNs (5A LT3045) and Brooklyn DAC. For notes the red wire coming into LS-HPULN is AC not DC.

265E59C4-D6CC-4EE9-A7B9-74DF00FFEC44.thumb.jpeg.a1aed414317016f7adff8cc4654f4d29.jpegB1B8101D-692C-43F5-B59D-A8DF654264FF.thumb.jpeg.c4f62116f223b16edde69ac92bccde09.jpeg184916B5-0100-49AF-A268-DB69CA698127.thumb.jpeg.a54d0fbbd70cc1b6bd6d7b94d1d60b4b.jpeg

Instant improvement! Much more than the first switch between LPS-1.2 and BW board. Crispy treble and music is back big time. Listening to Aisha Badru’s track Bridges vibrates the room but with lots and lots of air/3D/4D and crispy hights and dynamic violins. Here voice gives me goosebumps with this cable. Mike Dawes Encomium (Reverie) gives me goosebumps. Syml’s Boby gives me goosebumps. Love it! ?

Now this one is my keeper. No more experiments. This is what I was looking for! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Watching this https://terpconnect.umd.edu/~wbreslyn/magnets/index.html I in combination with my own experiences with DC cables I wonder if the force of the eddy currents could possibly define the different audioble frequencies heard with different wire materials?As seen on this website copper makes a magnet fall slow. Could the slow movement of electrons define bass and low end midrange while a faster movement of electrons defines (for example silver) high midrange and treble? Just a thought. What is your opinion @marce, @jabbr and @sandyk?

If this is plausible I will surely continue to try pure silver on +Ve and pure copper with copper shield (JSSG) on -Ve. It would surely open a lot of doors for experiments.

🎛️  Audio System  

23 minutes ago, paulkouhan said:

hi

can you describe what cables you are using ?

unshielded tripple ccc solid copper ?

silver plated stranded copper ?

thanks

Acoustic Revive tripple ccc wire (single not double) made from a butchered Purephonics DC cable https://eden-audio.com/index.php?id_product=375&controller=product and this 1mm Vanguard silver plated OCC copper wire that I normaly use for grounding purposes https://www.ebay.com/itm/10m-Vanguard-1mm-square-high-purity-silver-plated-OCC-wire-Hi-Fi-Audio-cable-/182374776295?_ul=BO

🎛️  Audio System  

14 minutes ago, paulkouhan said:

thank you !

I have some

JANTZEN AUDIO HEW-PTFE Wiring cable Copper/Silver 1.3mm² I use to make speaker cables.

I will try it this week end.

You’re welcome Paul! Jantzen audio makes great cables. Be sure to keep distance between the wires and report back so other people can gain from your personal experiments! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

So curiosity got the better of me, and per Cornan's latest findings, here's my new Franken cable, minus any Supra! Some solid core 75 ohm digital cable left by the Direct TV installer, for -ve, and some 24 awg solid silver wire for the +ve (Vanguard, eBay). No JSSG. Both what I had on hand - one might do better with pricier wire but who knows. . 

Pretty much sounds like Cornan describes. I will note I tried first with screw barrel connectors, and every time I get a more dynamic and slightly less veiled sound with the soldered Oyaides. It's subtle, but something to think about. I'm loving the bass slam with this combo, and the high end seems sweeter with the simple single strand of unshielded silver (less wincing moments for this tinnitus sufferer).

What a journey. Last one Cornan! I will say that one can't go wrong with Supra Cat8 and beyond, though it looks as if actual separation of the wires is the key. The twist in Cat7/8 must be doing something similar, though actual physical separation is better. 

cable.jpg

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

So curiosity got the better of me, and per Cornan's latest findings, here's my new Franken cable, minus any Supra! Some solid core 75 ohm digital cable left by the Direct TV installer, for -ve, and some 24 awg solid silver wire for the +ve (Vanguard, eBay). No JSSG. Both what I had on hand - one might do better with pricier wire but who knows. . 

Pretty much sounds like Cornan describes. I will note I tried first with screw barrel connectors, and every time I get a more dynamic and slightly less veiled sound with the soldered Oyaides. It's subtle, but something to think about. I'm loving the bass slam with this combo, and the high end seems sweeter with the simple single strand of unshielded silver (less wincing moments for this tinnitus sufferer).

What a journey. Last one Cornan! I will say that one can't go wrong with Supra Cat8 and beyond, though it looks as if actual separation of the wires is the key. The twist in Cat7/8 must be doing something similar, though actual physical separation is better. 

cable.jpg

Last time you’ll change? Promise? ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Just now, Cornan said:

Last time you’ll change? Promise? ?

You first! 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

cable.jpg

Going back to the original POE dc cable that started this topic,, what are the common traits between your 'Franken' cable and the POE design - only the thin silver 24 awg wire as far as I can see? 

Is this the critical factor as to why this design works so well?

6 minutes ago, tims said:

Going back to the original POE dc cable that started this topic,, what are the common traits between your 'Franken' cable and the POE design - only the thin silver 24 awg as far as I can see? 

In my mind it is the shield between the wires that make the change. There is no better shield than

air and distance between the wires around. Period! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

14 minutes ago, tims said:

Going back to the original POE dc cable that started this topic,, what are the common traits between your 'Franken' cable and the POE design - only the thin silver 24 awg wire as far as I can see? 

Actually none! The silver wire was used for a JSSG before - here I'm using it for the positive live wire. All I have to go by is my ears really, and the sound quality has just kept pushing forward. 

4 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Here you have an almost perfect description, from someone else's mouth, as to why I hardwire everything. Not soldering == less dynamic, more veiled, less bass slam, less sweet high end, more wincing ...

Yes, it's subtle ... but it's also everything ...

12 hours ago, marce said:
16 hours ago, bit01 said:

As for the DC -ve coax: I would try copper rather than copper clad steel, with as thick a wire as possible to minimize ground plane modulation

could you explain as it is DC...

Well the Copper Clad Steel (CCS) wire is easy. It's a poor choice for anything much below 100MHz.

But then we get to the 'ground plane modulation' part, I too await an explanation.

9 hours ago, Cornan said:

Since it was a quick one to do I just added the solid core tripple ccc copper cable to -Ve and the silver plated stranded copper wire to +Ve. Ensured dustance between the wires. No shield beats air and distance IME.

8CA914B7-AE4D-4139-844C-5B92D62201DA.thumb.jpeg.226a94be0a64bb4cc8141ed3d7793639.jpegF8E900BC-C000-4CEA-8E97-901DA7616FF1.thumb.jpeg.279d5a01efc4b845d01bd453f4fea0b7.jpeg

Well well! I think I have my winner so far here. Before hitting the big drum I will continue to listen to this cable for a while. Initially it is airier and more detailed in width, depth, highs & lows. A more relaxed and natural sounding cable than Supra DAC + 75 ohm coax so far for sure. Maybe it isn’t as crisp in the treble area as dual Supra DAC, but it surely digs deeper in the low bass region.

Maybe I am imagining things here but after all these rapid cable experiments I get a creepy feeling that the -Ve controls the bass and lower midrange region and +Ve the treble and upper midrange region more than the other? ?

Re your last paragraph.

Nobody can accuse you of lacking in the Imagination area ! 

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

27 minutes ago, Speedskater said:

Well the Copper Clad Steel (CCS) wire is easy. It's a poor choice for anything much below 100MHz.

How do you figure? Insofar material matters at all, it is at high frequencies. Copper clad steel combines tensile strength with low resistance. What problem do you see there?

7 hours ago, Cornan said:

In my mind it is the shield between the wires that make the change. There is no better shield than

air and distance between the wires around. Period! ?

I think the same concerning the distance. 

I don t understand why the use different cables for v+ and v- !

1 hour ago, paulkouhan said:

I think the same concerning the distance. 

I don t understand why the use different cables for v+ and v- !

I use different cables because it fine tune the sound. Using only tripple ccc copper was great in the bass area but too dark in the treble area. Silver plated copper was great in the treble area but too bright in the bass area. Combining the two sinply have me the best of two worlds! ?

🎛️  Audio System