IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

Yeah, I know, same vendor. He dropped it off on my porch two hours after ordering it. We're about a 15-20 minute walk from each other. 

In no hurry at the moment. Maybe next month LS-HPLU. Just curious what the price is. He owes me anyway for all those Cat8 orders! ;) 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I can hook you guys up with some Datura stramonium cables.   Go to the Madrean Regional Walmart and ask for Dan Juan.

They do contain active devices.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

@marce- I wish I could answer that with some scientific explanation, but in truth- I don't know. The effect is easy to hear though n my setup. I am using the dc cable between the Uptone LPS-1.2 and the Sonore UltraRendu which feeds a DAC. I can only speculate that there is some residual ac leakage or EMI riding on the DC that could reach the DAC or that the current consumption is  fluctuating in some way such that the cable geometry/design comes into play.

9 minutes ago, bit01 said:

@marce- I wish I could answer that with some scientific explanation, but in truth- I don't know. The effect is easy to hear though n my setup. I am using the dc cable between the Uptone LPS-1.2 and the Sonore UltraRendu which feeds a DAC. I can only speculate that there is some residual ac leakage or EMI riding on the DC that could reach the DAC or that the current consumption is  fluctuating in some way such that the cable geometry/design comes into play.

The power supply should ALWAYS be as close as possible to the device to be powered as  possible

I usually use as short as possible leads made from a surplus 7.5A mains cable.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

15 minutes ago, mansr said:

I think we both know the answer to that.

Like you both know the answer to Mani's reports ? :P

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Didn't realize Mani heard differences due to a DC cable :ph34r:

I didn't say that he did.

Both Mansr and Marce have a history of ridiculing numerous confirming reports on this and other subjects in other areas of the forum, even when a high profile E.E. says similar.

9 hours ago, bit01 said:

The Gotham GAC-4/1 UltraPro (star quad) microphone cable (mentioned by @lmitche in  previous posts)

I got a 1m length  to try out as a DC cable between the LPS-1.2 and uR. This cable has multiple shields and is hefty but  flexible. I tried it with the individual wire shields connected together (both ends) but 'floating' from the overall external ones. They do not quite float as there is another double side aluminum coated thin layer  between the inner and outer,  about 1.5Kohms between them on the DMM. In this configuration the cable allowed a 'soft focus, tube-y'  sound which was very pleasant to listen to. Very easy on the ear, seemed harmonically rich with full extension on both frequency extremes! This could benefit a 'hard/edgy' sounding system.

When the individual shields are connected to the outer ones the resulting sound became closer to that of the CAT7/8 in the same application (all twisted pairs in use as per my earlier posts) -sharper focus, clearer backgrounds and a good indication of a lower noise floor. A great cable in this application, however the instrument separation/definition within the 'sound stage' did not quite match  the 1M UGREEN CAT7 flat I compared to!

Nice report! Well done. Just curious, have you tried it with an ISO Regen?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

11 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Lotsa luck trying to terminate that cable into 5.5  x 2.1mm plug !:o

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

I didn't say that he did.

Both Mansr and Marce have a history of ridiculing numerous confirming reports on this and other subjects in other areas of the forum, even when a high profile E.E. says similar.

Sandy I ask for explanations of what is going on, I don't blindly follow the crowd, there is a difference.

There is also the fact that I don't see magic cables (or claims) other than on these sort of sites or audio cable manufacturers often totally BS marketing information or white papers, one has to wonder why.

2 hours ago, bit01 said:

I can only speculate that there is some residual ac leakage or EMI riding on the DC that could reach the DAC or that the current consumption is  fluctuating in some way such that the cable geometry/design comes into play.

That is a tacit suggestion that the LPS1.2 is designed in an incompetent fashion which I don't believe. Think about what you are speculating.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

10 minutes ago, jabbr said:

That is a tacit suggestion that the LPS1.2 is designed in an incompetent fashion which I don't believe.

But the designer himself has commented about different DC cables sounding different?

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/31554-diy-dc-power-cables/

See the first post above.

I have great respect for John S btw. I only mention this for the purposes of technical discussion.

Hopefully the discussion stays technical and respectful.

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

I have it on the ISO Regen currently, sharing a split LPS 1.2 feed with the uR. The setup sounds sweet. I will switch it out in a few days and note any differences. PC>Iso Regen>Anker USB/Ethernet>uR.

Thanks.

ATB.

b