IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

8 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

I have a whole bunch of high priority tasks right now and my wife has said I have to cut down on the number of tasks at the same time, I have been so stressed out over things my health is starting to suffer and I'm making bad decisions.

John, you have had a lot of changes to adapt to recently.  Now it's time to make yourself priority #1.  You have earned it many times over.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 5/27/2018 at 8:51 PM, AnotherSpin said:

Will wait with great interest! Thank you.

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I have´nt got the time to do the comparison yet and during the weekend I´m off. I hope to get some time in the beginning of next week though. I have also ordered Supra DAC cable and Supra BiLine MkII to make some experiments with as DC cables. The approach I am thinking with the Supra DAC cable is actually to use two cables for one DC cable. One cable to -Ve and one cable to +Ve and connect the drain wires from each cable in a loop between the different cables. I will try the BiLine MkII with two "JSSG" with red wire to +Ve and blue wire to -Ve. 

Supra DAC

1875753184_SupraDAC.jpg.720fbe23d9129706c017e712ffa19a09.jpg

Supra BiLine MkII

834095841_SupraBiLineMkII.thumb.jpg.ef7520f2fa2f39d43269348277c56cd1.jpg

My thoughts here is to see how much low capacitance & speed matters. I hope to get all of these done including the Supra Cat 7+ by wednesday next week. :) 

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I have´nt got the time to do the comparison yet and during the weekend I´m off. I hope to get some time in the beginning of next week though. I have also ordered Supra DAC cable and Supra BiLine MkII to make some experiments with as DC cables. The approach I am thinking with the Supra DAC cable is actually to use two cables for one DC cable. One cable to -Ve and one cable to +Ve and connect the drain wires from each cable in a loop between the different cables. I will try the BiLine MkII with two "JSSG" with red wire to +Ve and blue wire to -Ve. 

Supra DAC

1875753184_SupraDAC.jpg.720fbe23d9129706c017e712ffa19a09.jpg

Supra BiLine MkII

834095841_SupraBiLineMkII.thumb.jpg.ef7520f2fa2f39d43269348277c56cd1.jpg

My thoughts here is to see how much low capacitance & speed matters. I hope to get all of these done including the Supra Cat 7+ by wednesday next week. :) 

Two cables idea sounds interesting! I am not in a hurry, and in any case first impressions rarely correspond to those pertaining to a long term..)) Please inform about your discoveries and thoughts.

My SupraFranken with the LT3054 sandwich is really starting to come “on song” at about 72 hours plus in. Adjectives like “spooky” starting to be used. Amazing how just one cable can bring a whole system into focus. No plans to change anything for the foreseeable future, though will be reading with interest what others discover. For now, I can’t believe I’m getting the level of playback I am for so little outlay. Good times...

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

My SupraFranken with the LT3054 sandwich is really starting to come “on song” at about 72 hours plus in. Adjectives like “spooky” starting to be used. Amazing how just one cable can bring a whole system into focus. No plans to change anything for the foreseeable future, though will be reading with interest what others discover. For now, I can’t believe I’m getting the level of playback I am for so little outlay. Good times...

Imagine if you added any of these LT3045s to your SupraFranken. I can guarantee that you will be thrilled! ?

https://www.mpaudio.net/

What guarantee? I will buy it from you if it does’nt improve your current SupraFranken (I will always have need for another one)! ?

11 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Imagine if you added any of these LT3045s to your SupraFranken. I can guarantee that you will be thrilled! ?

https://www.mpaudio.net/

What guarantee? I will buy it from you if it does’nt improve your current SupraFranken (I will always have need for another one)! ?

Ha! Just not sure if one of these could be used between an LPS-1 and microRendu considering the voltage drop down. If I moved up to an LPS-1.2 I suppose. Just feel the need to not spend any more $ at the moment and enjoy what I have. Down the road perhaps....

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

25 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Ha! Just not sure if one of these could be used between an LPS-1 and microRendu considering the voltage drop down. If I moved up to an LPS-1.2 I suppose. Just feel the need to not spend any more $ at the moment and enjoy what I have. Down the road perhaps....

Yes, it could be used in the same way that your current LT3045. It will just be better! Ofcourse the 1.5A version is EUR 89 but it is honestly an awesome price vs performance upgrade in this hobby! ? If you can fund EUR142 for the HC-HPULN (LS-HPULN) you will be flabvergasted! ??

My offer to you is firm. If you do not like I will buy it from you. No questions asked! I can even buy it for you if you cover the back and forward freight charges. That’s how confident I am! ?

I guess I just don’t understand the numbers. The LPS-1 output is 7v and the microRendu lowest end is 6V. Won’t there be more than a 1v drop on one of these? 

12 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

I guess I just don’t understand the numbers. The LPS-1 output is 7v and the microRendu lowest end is 6V. Won’t there be more than a 1v drop on one of these? 

No! The Vf is the same independent of current! The beauty of the LT3045 is that the more parallel ones you add the better (better ripple rejection) it gets! Two 5A in series will get you 0,000001mV @ 10mV of ripple!!!

The thing is that you can feed it with a SMPS and get the same result! However, to limit any backward noises use floating SMPS for best result. Gophert csp-3205II comes to mind! ?

Ok, now I get it.Thanks for that! Yes, seriously considering.... might wait until I get paid for a couple of projects first. But it does seem like a good deal....

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Yes, it could be used in the same way that your current LT3045. It will just be better! Ofcourse the 1.5A version is EUR 89 but it is honestly an awesome price vs performance upgrade in this hobby! ? If you can fund EUR142 for the HC-HPULN (LS-HPULN) you will be flabvergasted! ??

My offer to you is firm. If you do not like I will buy it from you. No questions asked! I can even buy it for you if you cover the back and forward freight charges. That’s how confident I am! ?

How much better is the SD-HPULN PS vs the LDOVR LT3045? Using capacitors on the output/input helps focus the sound on my LT3045. We would still need a decent LPS?

7 minutes ago, manishex said:

How much better is the SD-HPULN PS vs the LDOVR LT3045? Using capacitors on the output/input helps focus the sound on my LT3045. We would still need a decent LPS?

Vastly better! Something that 1A LT3045 cannot reach even in series!

A really bad SMPS connected to a isolation transformer with floating secondary will make the LPS useless (especially with floating ground) with the SD-HPULN IMO. However, if you add a LS-HUPULN after it will blow your mind. Parallel LT3045s is awesome and the more parallel the better. I cannot wait for a 10A version! ?

I can vouch for Cornan's recommendation on these supplies, big jump in performance and sound will astonish you.

I went from a Paul Hynes SR7 5v supply through a full paired POE CAT8 input to my ISO Regen to now:

The old Meanwell SMPS 7.5v I had from an old Regen purchase going through a paired POE CAT7 into a LS-HPULN set to 5v out then through a paired POE CAT8 into the ISO Regen and best sound ever.

I was surprised at the improvement.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

28 minutes ago, sligolad said:

I can vouch for Cornan's recommendation on these supplies, big jump in performance and sound will astonish you.

I went from a Paul Hynes SR7 5v supply through a full paired POE CAT8 input to my ISO Regen to now:

The old Meanwell SMPS 7.5v I had from an old Regen purchase going through a paired POE CAT7 into a LS-HPULN set to 5v out then through a paired POE CAT8 into the ISO Regen and best sound ever.

Thanks for sharing sligolad! ?

The LS-HPULN (former HC-HPULN) is worth the praise. I cannot beleive the SQ I got from two in series powered by a balanced & isolated toroidal (50+50VAC) feeder supply. It keeps on improving by the hour! ?

Another thing is that I now can listen to -20dB through speakers. Before max -50dB!

1 hour ago, sligolad said:

Hi Sligolad

Your Paul Hynes SR7 is a pretty awesome PSU. 

Are you using it just to feed the HPULN's?  How much did the SQ improve using the HPULN (fed by the SR7) rather than just using the SR7 by itself?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, tims said:

Hi Sligolad

Your Paul Hynes SR7 is a pretty awesome PSU. 

Are you using it just to feed the HPULN's?  How much did the SQ improve using the HPULN (fed by the SR7) rather than just using the SR7 by itself?

Thanks

The SR7 only has 5v and 12v rails so I do not use it with the HPULN as I do not want to drop 12v down to 5v.

No point in using the 5v rail into the LS-HPULN set to 5v as it would not be doing much.

The SR7 already feeds the 12v on the Audio PC motherboard, a 5v rail feeds an Oven clock for the Audio PC motherboard, and a 5v rail feeds another LS-HPULN set to 1.35v for RAM on the motherboard in the Audio PC.

As stated I am using a cheap Meanwell SMPS at 7.5v into another LS-HPULN set to 5v, so only a 2.5v drop and it easily beats the 5v out that i previously used from the SR7.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Thanks for sharing sligolad! ?

The LS-HPULN (former HC-HPULN) is worth the praise. I cannot beleive the SQ I got from two in series powered by a balanced & isolated toroidal (50+50VAC) feeder supply. It keeps on improving by the hour! ?

Another thing is that I now can listen to -20dB through speakers. Before max -50dB!

One of the finds of the past year alright Cornan, thanks for sharing the site link as I did not realize Michael had set up a new site.

6 minutes ago, sligolad said:

One of the finds of the past year alright Cornan, thanks for sharing the site link as I did not realize Michael had set up a new site.

Oh, the new site was realeased and announced today at the Diyaudio thread.  I do know that Michael has a few surprices up his sleeves. Be prepared to empty your pockets! ?

6 minutes ago, sligolad said:

As stated I am using a cheap Meanwell SMPS at 7.5v into another LS-HPULN set to 5v, so only a 2.5v drop and it easily beats the 5v out that i previously used from the SR7.

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know - really says something about how good the HPLUN design is! 

Might have to buy one to find out myself.

9 minutes ago, tims said:

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know - really says something about how good the HPLUN design is! 

Might have to buy one to find out myself.

Buy two if funds allow. You will be amazed with one but over the moon with two in series! I can even guarantee two LS-HPULNs over one. I’ll buy them from you from you if you don’t like them. But no more. All additional bets are off! ?

6 minutes ago, Nicholas_S said:

CC06F0C6-297A-47F2-B5F6-2244ECE9A934.thumb.jpeg.c7d7b661590a6c542b8527dedf5c7f07.jpeg

Does this help? ?

This is a balanced & isolated 230-12VAC feeder supply but it can be fed with a LPSU or SMPS as well. 1 Vf for best results in series. 3 Vf in single.