IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

I think I get it, but how about a picture of this to be sure?

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

• 1 month later...

Just noticed Ghent has added new wire to their portfolio of DC cables:

No Cat7 or Cat8 yet

Just received my Supra and uGreen, but haven't tested yet.

•  

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

• 2 weeks later...

My 10 Kemets arrived yesterday from Digi-Key. Now, were should I put them or not put them?

1.       HDPlex > DIY Supra Cat8 > 2 LT3045’s > mircoRendu >

2.       LPS1 > DIY Supra Cat8 > 1 LT3045 > ISO Regen >

3.       LPS1.2 > DIY Supra Cat8 > ultraDigital.

Thoughts and suggestions please!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Cornan:

What do think is the largest gauge of wire + Kemet lead that will fit into the LT3045 screw-in terminal? I want to order some better hookup wire than I have been using, something like Neotech Solid, maybe 14 gauge or so?

Thanks!

Bob

Thanks Cornan & Charles!!!!!

14 gauge Neotech solid  ordered.

Bob

Results from first of 3 cable replacements:

Gotham GAC-4/1 JSSG360 is much better than Supra Cat8! 

Bob

Final Gotham 4/1 results!

Replaced my other two Supra cat8 cables, removed Kemet's from after LT3045's, and rewired LT3045's & connectors with Neotech 14 gauge solid core. Note: still have Kemet's on both ends of LPS1.2 to UltraDigital cable.

Really much better! Bass digs deeper and more articulate. Mid's much sweeter. Imaging much more focused, solo vocals pinpoint in center instead of smeared from speaker to speaker.

Now that proof of concept is complete I may order cables from Ghent to get the much better construction and Oyaide soldered connectors instead of the screw-on.

NICE!

Bob

Yes, I will have to test taking the Kemet's off the LPS1.2 cable. I haven't yet because it was such a big improvement when initially used on the Supra Cat 8 as my first experiment and my system is sounding soooo good at the moment.

Bob