IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Yes, it could be used in the same way that your current LT3045. It will just be better! Ofcourse the 1.5A version is EUR 89 but it is honestly an awesome price vs performance upgrade in this hobby! ? If you can fund EUR142 for the HC-HPULN (LS-HPULN) you will be flabvergasted! ??

My offer to you is firm. If you do not like I will buy it from you. No questions asked! I can even buy it for you if you cover the back and forward freight charges. That’s how confident I am! ?

How much better is the SD-HPULN PS vs the LDOVR LT3045? Using capacitors on the output/input helps focus the sound on my LT3045. We would still need a decent LPS?

10 minutes ago, sligolad said:

Too many projects at the moment but I finally received the CAT 8 Patchkabel 2000Mhz 1 metre from Germany, took a few weeks to get here!

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/282850879626?ul_noapp=true

Anyway worth the wait as it has jumped to top of the pile for all the cables tested so far, have not had a lot of time listening but as soon as I put it in I could hear the improvement.

It is the most rigid of all the cables tested so far and I did not think to order 2 at the time so I could cut one open.

Going to convert all DC lines in a Meitner MA1 DAC to the IBRA CAT 7 cables at 1 metre to see how they work.

3D printing some tubes to hold the cables in a coiled container for space saving and will post once the experiment is done.

Already converted the Meitner to a SD Card player direct into the digital high speed differential drivers and made a big improvement in listening to redbook files, using SLC SD Cards.

SD Card Player

I felt those German cat 8 cables were highly detailed but too cold for my liking, what length did you order? Maybe it's the case I needed a longer length as I got the 25cm one. 

That's an interesting sd card player, is it only for the meitner? How does it connect? 

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Many DIY Audio members criticised the Douglas Self very low distortion amplifier designs because the image was fixed mainly between the speakers, and rarely extended either side of them.

The OP is using LT3045 low noise voltage regulators in series . Unless they are preceded by typical larger value filter capacitors they will increase the apparent HF detail due to the low value and type of capacitors used at their input and output. ( Tantalum and ceramic usually), causing much larger soundstages and added HF detail ,which users of Spotify etc. seem to like because it normally lacks much soundstage and is apparently a little HF deficient.

That's why some members use a couple in series, despite the noise level already being VERY low.

They are manipulating phase information by doing this .

See also  https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/blog/2016/04/08/how-to-set-up-your-hi-fi-speakers/

They also show how to position the speakers for more realistic Home Cinema.

That's why I put 1000uF 25V ELNA Silmic ii in the input and output, makes a huge difference for me, grounding the sound that otherwise sounds to be too HF focused.