IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

30 minutes ago, RamDawg said:

There is a difference between the cables and plenty of folks on this thread have experienced them starting on page 1. That's what I like about this thread is these differences are cheep and quick to order and test!  

Facts are never what they seem to be

Both Mansr and Marce have a history of ridiculing numerous unconfirmed anecdotes on this and other subjects in other areas of the forum, especially when there is no known scientific or engineering basis for the speculation.

Many, many other scientists and engineers do the same thing.  The HORROR !!

29 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Jonathan (@jabbr) is definitely not a troll.  He is a talented engineer who has shared a great deal here at CA and elsewhere.  He is skeptical but never closed minded.

engineer??

He is however one of the best informed people on here and quite helpful.

3 hours ago, jabbr said:

... like most scientists back in the day, we had to build our own stuff, and many many scientific discoveries were brought about by the creation and use of specific techniques which include sensors, amplifiers, electronics & software. 

...?

Good Lord!  I thought only scientists in the low-funded areas (like mine) had to build their own equipment!

But, yes, modern science is often advanced by new techniques or new equipment, that is not commercially available.

9 hours ago, marce said:

Its getting like that on just about every thread, you have a differing view or question how something could happen and your jumped on as a troll as a recent thread has highlighted... It a sad reflection on the hobby when we can't have differing views...

Then you get comments like the one above, just makes me laugh, my experience of DC cables etc. makes me far more qualified than the poster to comment on such things, yet my views will be slagged of as a troll because they are at odds with all those that believe in magic dc cables.

2 points

someone new to this bbs would not know anything about you

and someone without any technical education (whether in science or its 'service discipline' engineering?) would not know what is magic and what is real - <insert Isaac Asimov quote here>

nonetheless, even those who were educated or inculcated in a liberal art, and shielded form all scientific knowledge in college should ask, and not be so dogmatic

apparently I had not reached a stable equilibrium point when I mis-posted a sci-fi author as the ... ah.. author

instead, my sci-fi response surface was in a stable limit cycle

I will conduct a global stability analysis before sci-fi author posting next time

or maybe just a sensitivity analysis simulation

3 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

I agree that DC cable inductance is measurable and that whether that is a physical correlate of soundstage is potentially testable.My problem lies with people that skip the testable part of the hypothesis, confusing premises based in physical facts with conclusions.

That has nothing to do with your claims that people are employing "reductionist physicalism"

I have never seen any scientist make such a claim.  What I have seen - repeatedly - in some of the better research universities as well as other places is that " our artists" or [liberal arts majors] are innumerate and devoid of an understanding of science after a 4 year investment of a good fraction of a million dollars.  An understanding of science is necessary for every citizen in an advance technologically based democracy, and we are seeing the sad results of that problem play out in the political arena.

You may be able to Gloggle up some info on "Emergent Properties" to counter your strawman.

tighten them and then apply a small drop of Loctite Green to the end (it is a low strength thread locker for fasteners that are already assembled) or use their Purple (very low strength) before assembly

the usual online suspects have this if you want to avoid driving around to auto parts places

45 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Any connection that relies on tightness of screws to maintain electrical integrity is a major weakness, if you're after optimum audio quality. The metal to metal contact has to be made truly gas tight, either by soldering or using silver type greases - nominal gas tightness is not good enough!

No, just use a little drop of Tweek on the conducting surfaces.  It is actually a differently named product put in small bottles - George knows that name but I've forgotten it.

NO NEED to solder everything in sight.

16 hours ago, One and a half said:

For high power applications, such as panels, switch-gear and the like, no Loctite is recommended, the connection is made by torque value only depending the size of the bolts, or Nylok nuts are used.

First of all the connection has to develop a certain amount of heat before the terminal expands to the sides that causes the bad joint. The tunnel terminal expands, the cable moves and the screw can be tightened. For audio applications, there's not enough heat or vibration to make this happen, maybe the speaker terminals. If a screw terminal becomes loose, it has to do with the thread material, probably as soft as sh$t, large pitch on the thread, that sort of thing. Banana terminals are very good, since the plugs can expand and contract while maintaining pressure on the joint.

Once again, @Ralf11 just mouthing the last thing of importance and posting.

this wasn't a high power connection - the guy has a screw terminal that comes loose

Loctite is quite appropriate here despite your idiotic post which is devoid of any understanding of how threaded fasteners operate

BTW, where is your little lap dog who usually posts after you?