IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

15 minutes ago, wushuliu said:

John Swenson Shield Guidelines

"PS. For people not aware about the JSSG loop it is is simply a cable shield that is not connected to any of the plugs. Instead there is a drain wire loop that runs along the shield." - H/T Cornan

Unfortunately, I can't find Swenson's original post/statement, so I'm not sure what else it involves.

Thank you, I have just find it :

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/31554-diy-dc-power-cables/?page=9#comment-659092

4 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Curious as to why to place it to one side?

I assume the shielded cable has to prevent interferences from going inside the DC cable to keep the low noise DC power comming from the power supply clean.

Putting the power supply closer to the powered device by shortenig the cable is good.

Putting the power supply ( or the regulator !)  directly on the device without cable is probably better.

Some time ago I did a LT3045 Jack M/Jack F module to make some tests and find that the best place is on the device side.

image3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

After 1 big hour of work, I finnaly have my 5 supra cat 8 power cables !

The aviator plug has the shield connected to the ground. So I think it is a true Faraday cage.

I suggest the use of a good stripping plier,

Like a Facom 793936

I did not have time yet try them...

20180607_204841.jpg

I have may be one thing different in the Supra DAC DC Cable.

I have the drain loop cable connected to the ground on the LPS side ! (the earth ground not the V-)

Cornan, can you try it ? I think it is slightly better than just the loop.

I did not put any capacitor, is it an improvement ?

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

That’s tricky for me unfortunately since my system is pretty much floating to begin with (using floating balanced LPSUs). In my case I’m better off not connecting it to the ground. If connecting one end of the drain loop to ground helps I wonder? Do you use JSGT on your LPSU by any chance? Is it powering any network devices?

Sorry I do not know what is jsgt..

You can pick the earth on any Ac plug and bring a wire to the shielding ?

On 6/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, Cornan said:

That’s tricky for me unfortunately since my system is pretty much floating to begin with (using floating balanced LPSUs). In my case I’m better off not connecting it to the ground. If connecting one end of the drain loop to ground helps I wonder? Do you use JSGT on your LPSU by any chance? Is it powering any network devices?

Hi,

No all my devices are powered in a "traditionnal" way. Earth ground is used only for shileding cables.

I still have 2 SMPS that power my full digital amps. I plan to try some linear power supply or to plug the SMPS on a totally different power line.

7 hours ago, Cornan said:

In my mind it is the shield between the wires that make the change. There is no better shield than

air and distance between the wires around. Period! ?

I think the same concerning the distance. 

I don t understand why the use different cables for v+ and v- !

4 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Very nice Paul. In the end I wish I had just soldered the caps to the board like you did. The halfway up the leg thing was really difficult, and I'm just not sure about those tiny splines in the screw downs vs the whole wire. I guess the proof is in the listening. Did you add the heatsinks so that you could heat shrink it?

thanks you, I had the heatsinks for some time in a box. I just added them to help keeping the chip cold !