IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

2 hours ago, Quadman said:

I put 2 PoE into my system at first, one at PC side going from LPSU to regen and one at dac side going to IR.  Did both at same time so can't comment on change for each device but the effect was very huge in my system and I was using starquad cable with JSSG mod shield as my DC connectors before this change.

FYI as reported on the audiomart forum different brands of cat 7 cable sound different from one another, go figure.

Thank you for reply! I think I may try it with regen. The cables which worked for you – what are the brands/types? Is it available at Amazon?

3 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Correct, into DC male barrel screw connectors. 

Thank you for Supra report, I am thinking about ordering it together with barrel screw connectors. Would you be more specific about attaching cable wires/shielding to connector? Maybe you can post a pic?

1 hour ago, TVeye_be said:

Nice work!

The ultimate step should be to remove the screw terminals and solder the four pairs directly to the pcb holes (with a clamping system to secure the cable on the board).

With a total of 20 awg per polarity it should be possible.

I soldered Supra pairs to PSU plate directly on one side and attached screw connector on other side which connected to regen. 

Does anybody compared Supra Cat 7 with Supra Cat 8? My tweaked connection between original cheap PSU and regen is done with Cat 7 and result is beyond any expectation. But, just because of this certain well known itch I am curious whether I should put some efffort into Cat 8? 

16 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I do have both Supra Cat 7+ and Cat 8 and can actually make a comparence between the two. I suspect that the Cat 8 will concur the Cat 7+ due to the construction but it would be fun to know if it holds true IRL. I will report back as soon as I have got the time to put it together! ?

Will wait with great interest! Thank you.

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I have´nt got the time to do the comparison yet and during the weekend I´m off. I hope to get some time in the beginning of next week though. I have also ordered Supra DAC cable and Supra BiLine MkII to make some experiments with as DC cables. The approach I am thinking with the Supra DAC cable is actually to use two cables for one DC cable. One cable to -Ve and one cable to +Ve and connect the drain wires from each cable in a loop between the different cables. I will try the BiLine MkII with two "JSSG" with red wire to +Ve and blue wire to -Ve. 

Supra DAC

1875753184_SupraDAC.jpg.720fbe23d9129706c017e712ffa19a09.jpg

Supra BiLine MkII

834095841_SupraBiLineMkII.thumb.jpg.ef7520f2fa2f39d43269348277c56cd1.jpg

My thoughts here is to see how much low capacitance & speed matters. I hope to get all of these done including the Supra Cat 7+ by wednesday next week. :) 

Two cables idea sounds interesting! I am not in a hurry, and in any case first impressions rarely correspond to those pertaining to a long term..)) Please inform about your discoveries and thoughts.

7 hours ago, Quadman said:

Well I just put my cat 8 in today replacing 3-1M runs of uGreen cat 7 (round).  The cat 8 I cut to the just needed length which in every case but one was shorter that the cat 7.  So I hope you are wrong otherwise I may be stepping back.  First sonic impressions I will report on tomorrow.

I used Supra CAT 7 50 cm length initially for first trial and later cut it to about 35 cm length while was doing more permanent connection. In second case leads were soldered directly to cheap psu plate. It seem to me the sound became little better after shortening the cable (more tight and darker bottom, etc.) but it may be caused by better connection with no connectors on one side.

42 minutes ago, sandyk said:

That is NOT normal, which is why I asked the question !

Normally the sound will at least come from in line with, or a little in front of the speakers.

A few good test recordings are Queen-Another One Bites the Dust, The Eagles-Hotel California(24/96 preferably) , and The track  Ascent, Zarathustra from  Time Warp-Erich Kunzel, which with a good system can fill most of the listening area in FRONT of the speakers. The very best recordings with plenty of ambience can see the sound extend both behind the speakers, and even as far as a little behind the listening position in a few. 

They can also have width exceeding the distance between the speakers in a well set up listening area.

Who cares as far as one loves the sound.

28 minutes ago, jabbr said:

It is very well known that the effect of psylocybin on human spatial and time perception (soundstage) is drastically higher than that of power cables.

Both are highly subjective. Psylocybin is much more effective and has a known mechanism of action beyond placebo. 

Problem is psilocybin effect is temporary. Probably it is not known so well, spatial and time perception is pretty much imaginary.

After one day of extensive listening I am ready to report some results of trying Supra DAC cable between default PSU and Uptone regen. One meter cable was cut into two 50 cm lengths and organized according to Cornan's idea, one cut for each + and -, and CDL (Cornan drain loop) implemented as well. Supra CAT 7 was used previously in the same position with very good results, but this new design is something from another world. I could try to depict sonic differences, but the difference is much beyond that only. The involvement into musical experience increased dramatically. I can not stop listening. Yesterday night I had a feeling footsteps of soloists in Knappertsbusch live recording of Wagner's Parsifal (1962) were not on a stage only, but somewhere here. The audience coughing was present with the same spooky realism. The Brodmann's fortepiano never sounded so special on Andras Schiff's Schubert ECM recording before. I also tried to listen some recordings which I dismissed earlier as not "mine", and again, could not stop listen. Too good. Supra magic unfolds!

6 hours ago, tims said:

Hi

Not sure, but have you tried any of the POE adaptor/cat7,8 cables (Ugreen etc) that started this topic? 

If so, your Supra DAC cable surpasses POE for you?

To add to reply from Cornan - I used Supra Cat 7 (one month, direct connection without adapters) in the same place prior to Supra DAC. Supra CAT 7 was a clear improvement over default dc cable. Supra DAC stays as per now.

12 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

Addition of LT3045 in line with Ultracap LPS1

Chain > LHLabs LPS > DC cable OEM> LPS1> POe > LT3045 > IsoRegen > iFi iDSD BL to HD800

First change was to swap one DC cable with the POe between UltraCap LPS1 (7v output) and IsoRegen

2nd Change was to insert LT3045 6v from POe DC cable end and IsoRegen

SQ improvement

1. POe - better bass, improved tonality , music has deeper dramatic difference between loud and soft passages( eith UGreen Cat 7 cable)

2. Add the LT3045 .. Quieter background, more detail heard.. improved clarity on sounds on extrene left and right sides of stereo spread

Audibilty of sounds from the back of the venue in Live recordings.. Hall echoes and ambience 2nd and even third echoes can be heard

Due to much lower noise level, effective dynamic range enhanced

Next experiment ...1.  JSSG360 every cable

2. Cat 8 .. Found this Japanese CAT 8 cable for trial.. non metallic RJ-45 connector.. ideal.. double shielding same as Supra Cat8

3. POe with a GX12 2pin to 5.5x2.1barrel cable.. next weekend to solder a GX12 to thePOe ( may hv to gut the POe?)

4. use the RJ-45 female to female coupler to do earth return loop for the POe ( switch to Cat ?

Will keep everyone posted...

E3B8C537-8E78-4A96-B2C7-3472D7BAF33D.png

5AC25D83-88C0-4B6D-8CFA-7F53E9AE4C86.png

318CB202-7C88-475C-822B-0DF8E9E547C4.png

What do you use to connect regen with iDSD?

48 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps members should refrain from using abbreviations like these in the General area of the forum, as the vast majority of members and visitors won't have a clue what they are talking about. Even infrequent visitors to other sections of the forum easily lose track of them too. 

I may agree, if... ok, forget

3 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

I use the USPCB A>B 90 deg from my minipc serving as a Net Audio Adapter (NAA) to connect to the IsoRegen input port. Then from the IsoRegen Output port, I use the normal USPCB A>B connector to the iFi provided Female B to Female A adapter and then into the iFi iDSD BL dac.

Of course it works. But the key is the provided iFi Female B to Female A (USB3.0) adapter (it is in the box - just find it and use it)

I attach the image below. There are 2 adapters you can use. One is on the left and it has a short patch code with the 2 ends I describe. In the lower fore ground left of center in the packaging is the hard connector without the patch code.

Good Luck

iFi adapters.jpg

Of course with additional adapters one may use any cable. But I am not so much sold to the idea of coupling sophisticated connector with cheapo no name thing. Thank you.