IGNORED

New UPnP/DLNA support in Qobuz standalone software

Hello,
I have just discovered that latest version of Qobuz standalone software player is now compatible with UPnP/DLNA.
Unfortunately my SMS200, even if appear in the list, return and error that the device is not properly recognized by the software.
Did any of you try this feature? 

Thanks.
Ciao, Giuseppe

dlna.JPG

3 minutes ago, granosalis said:

Did any of you try this feature? 

People are having similar problems exploiting this new DLNA/UPnP support in Qobuz with the microRendu.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26730-sonore-microrendu/?do=findComment&comment=809966

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

New Release today.

But unfortunatelly, same issue here, at least on my configuration. 

[Release 4.0.27]

• Added sorting on the genre column in the track lists
  • Added the grid view of the albums of a playlist
  • Constant display of the mini player including with an empty playlist
  • Track list content redesign and optimization
  • Tracks meta data redesign
  • Fixes and optimizations of the UPnP/DLNA features
  • Fixes and optimizations of Chromecast features
  • Fixed: Display at the top of the list, of the playlist that has just been created
  • Fixed: Can not play an album from the Cover + Track List view
  • Fixed: Memorization of display sort in 'My playlist'
  • Fixed: Discarded content when scrolling the page such as the playlist page
  • Fixed: Stop reading, randomly. The pre-loading of the music was not done entirely
  • Various optimizations and design
  • Adding the name of the track being played on the application system notification under Windows (mouse over the icon in the taskbar).
  • Storing 'Add to favorites' actions when you are offline
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip!  Hadn’t heard about this app.

Will it make the DNLA connection between mRendu and the Qobuz app and still permit me to use only the Qobuz app as the controller, or does it take over as controller/player?

• 1 month later...

I know UPnP support is still beta, but has anyone got ANY UPnP renderers to work with the Qobuz native desktop apps?

There's a new Mac update today and it still doesn't work with my Rendu and DietPi running Gmrender...

mConnect Player obviously works but it's handy having the native desktop apps working. Still haven't seen any confirmation from anyone on a forum that has it working yet.

Just now, sockpit said:

Mine hasn’t  worked and I’ve checked back periodically.   I emailed them details long ago.

Still dreaming of their getting this working for their iOS app!

Ha, I know. It's not just with a Rendu. I'm yet to see anyone having ANY UPnP endpoint working.

New Mac app update today but still no luck.

I agree, if they can get it working (we continue to dream of that day) it turns their native apps (desktop and mobile) into a kind of 'Spotify Connect' kind of thing which would be cool.

1 minute ago, sockpit said:

Exactly, and I’ve encouraged @vortecjr to encourage/work with Qobuz to make it happen.  Seems good for everyone’s biz.

I saw that and I just did a follow-up with JR on same in the microrendu thread (I tagged you before I saw a reply here).

2 minutes ago, sockpit said:

P.s. it would also lay to rest my track skipping problem that occurs when streaming Qobuz via Lumin and Kazoo but not A+.  I have a whole thread on that.

If little apps like BubbleUPnP and mConnect Player can figure it out, surely Qobuz can. We pray.

7 hours ago, sockpit said:

P.s. it would also lay to rest my track skipping problem that occurs when streaming Qobuz via Lumin and Kazoo but not A+.  I have a whole thread on that.

The Rendu's Qobuz skipping problem might be close to being resolved:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/38113-help-trouble-shooting-skip-to-next-track-problem-in-my-streaming-setup/?do=findComment&comment=840570

Sonore would of course need to update the Rendu to using the fixed MPD version, once it's officially released.

BTW, if the Qobuz for MAC/PC software gets the connected UPnP/DLNA renderer to (directly) stream the audio file tracks from Qobuz's online server (ie, behaving just like a UPnP control point), then you'll likely have the same skipping issue with the Rendu.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

18 hours ago, Em2016 said:

I know UPnP support is still beta, but has anyone got ANY UPnP renderers to work with the Qobuz native desktop apps?

There's a new Mac update today and it still doesn't work with my Rendu and DietPi running Gmrender...

mConnect Player obviously works but it's handy having the native desktop apps working. Still haven't seen any confirmation from anyone on a forum that has it working yet.

I am streaming via UPnP from the Qobuz app to a dCS Network Bridge. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just to say I've been trying to send to an Auralic Mini in UpNP Renderer mode for many weeks to no avail, each time Qobuz release a new version of the Mac desktop app I try, it doesn't work and I send them the Activity Log, they say thanks... getting a bit like Groundhog Day. Wonder why they suddenly decided to implement  UpNP,  wonder if they are wishing they hadn't bothered! ?  

I would love to use the excellent desktop app to send full fat hi-res music to my Auralic Mini, the Lightning DS app is driving me crazy with odd behaviour, bugs, poor integration with Qobuz new features and no updates for months! I understand it may work well with those who still serve up files but for a Qobuz from end it is sadly lacking.

On an interesting note, I did talk to Chord as I have the Mojo as my main system DAC and thought maybe the Poly might work as that's a UpNP endpoint, but they say probably not but they are working with Qobuz now towards something or other... hmm ? 

Tim.

Qobuz -> Auralic Aries Mini -> Chord Mojo DAC -> Heed Obelisk SI -> Mark Audio Pluvia 11 Custom Built  Mass Loaded Transmission Line Speakers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris @The Computer Audiophile

I know you said the wheels are in motion with Qobuz already, but PS DirectStream DAC owners can't get this  UPnP feature to work either.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/qobuz-in-the-usa/5970/38

Next time you chat to your Qobuz contact, could you kindly bring it up. Qobuz can add it to the long list of devices that don't work with the native app's UPnP feature ?

I'm sure they'll get there. If mConnect and Bubble UPnP can work it out, surely Qobuz can.

• 2 months later...